$30.00
Henrik Larsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it really warrant it's own entry? It seems like it's the same game with a bunch of bonus content. Is it worth spreading out the "community" to a separate entry?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, this is stupid. Most KS games just have separate entries for their promo content. I hope this isn't a new BGG policy.

EDIT: I figure, from the game description, that the reason is that the promos come inside the box. It's still weird and this should indeed be just a version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Grenier
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a way to merge this game back to the original one and maybe create a new entry in the versions for the Kickstarter idea.

Having two game entities for an additional 10 cards seems a bit overkill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bitchy Little Boy
Romania
Bucharest
Sector 3
flag msg tools
... so I can bear with you, please!
badge
Playing is the most serious thing there is.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have found this is the case with other Kickstartered NSKN games as well, even if the Kickstarter limited or expansion content is also listed separately.

I think the Kickstarter editions should be merged with the main games and any expansions/extensions should be listed as such.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesc Lopez
United States
West Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Just a geek, nothing to see here, move along
mbmbmbmbmb

I agree. this is weird.
We can edit the entry and leave a note to the admin to merge this entry with the basic game entry.
Have anyone tried that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Larsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
flope wrote:

I agree. this is weird.
We can edit the entry and leave a note to the admin to merge this entry with the basic game entry.
Have anyone tried that?

Sir, are you suggesting,,, work? How dare you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Grenier
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesc Lopez
United States
West Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Just a geek, nothing to see here, move along
mbmbmbmbmb
Don t mind doing it, IF nobody has done it already,p. I came late to the discussion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Please merge this listing back, there is no difference besides some cards that will be sold later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. G. Kubacki
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would just like to say that, as the publisher, we have nothing to do with Kickstarter Version entries on BGG. In fact, we are against separate entries, but there is nohing we can do about their existence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
irondeav wrote:
I would just like to say that, as the publisher, we have nothing to do with Kickstarter Version entries on BGG. In fact, we are against separate entries, but there is nohing we can do about their existence.

No but the admins could step up and fix it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. G. Kubacki
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
No but the admins could step up and fix it.

We have already asked the administration to remove the Kickstarter editions of our games, but our request was denied. Apparently the "Kickstarter Edition" is a thing now (for some games, but not all games - and we're in the "some" ategory), so they're here to stay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Larsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well they do have have their reasons.
I talked to them about and they said that since it has another product code (bar code), it should be it's own entry.

A shame but not much to do about it as it's a site-wide policy. I'm sure it's been discussed a lot before as well =/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Huskvarna
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, delete this entry so that there is only one entry of this game. The KS version is just some promocards extra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Turner
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
Roll for the Guru
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mnemonicuz wrote:
Well they do have have their reasons.
I talked to them about and they said that since it has another product code (bar code), it should be it's own entry.

A shame but not much to do about it as it's a site-wide policy. I'm sure it's been discussed a lot before as well =/

Different Versions of the same game all have different barcodes too (English 2nd Edition is a different barcode than English 1st Edition) so that answer is BS. All splitting things out like this does is hurt the main entry for the game, as the ratings, plays, and rankings are split between multiple entries.

This is very clearly a different Version of the game, and not a Re-implementation (as opposed to something like Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization vs Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization, where the name literally changed, and more importantly the game changed significantly).

Quick Edit after re-reading: I'm definitely not attacking you or anything, just disagreeing with BGG's policy on the matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bitchy Little Boy
Romania
Bucharest
Sector 3
flag msg tools
... so I can bear with you, please!
badge
Playing is the most serious thing there is.
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess that at least for NSKN games and anything not related to their trading (and ownership), we should agree to ignore the Kickstarter version: forums, geeklists, files, images etc. Unless they specifically refer to the Kisckstarter combo, they should be posted (or moved) to their main/true entry.

While we cannot change the BGG policies (true or fabricated) this is something within our powers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Konieczny
Poland
Katowice
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Idiotic BGG policy. And yes, we could change it. Someone just needs to complain on the forums and start a discussion.

And how to contact an admin? Enough people bombarding them with requests is another way to get things changed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.