Popular Tags: [View All]
Grant Linneberg
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the latest rules, Union naval movement is restricted in the early going:

"1861 Naval Ramp Up: The Union SP capability for Naval Transport,
Strategic River Movement and Strategic Ocean Movement is limited
to 0 SP on Turn 1, 1 SP on Turn 2, 2 SP on Turn 3 and 3 SP thereafter."

AS well, Amphib Assault is a Naval Transport action:

(20.5.1) In General: An Amphibious Assault is a Naval Transport
action that ends in an enemy-controlled or enemy-occupied hex.

It's pretty clear you can't use APs in the first turn to move SPs via regular Naval Transport or for AA.

My question is this: can the Union still make Amphibious Assaults on the first turn if he uses a Naval Card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The fact that I'm your Confederate opponent in an active Vassal campaign notwithstanding, no you can't make amphibious assaults with a naval card either

You'll notice the rule never actually mentions action points or action cards, but it strictly mentions the limits on SPs for a naval transport. Therefore whether you're using an action point or n action card for naval transport it doesn't matter, you're still using SPs which has to adhere to the limit. And in turn 1 it's limited to 0... which makes me a happy opponent for now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Linneberg
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I figured it was no and had already posted my move, but I thought I'd seek a little confirmation just in case. Then later, through a miracle of wading through the DOS-like interface at ConsimWorld, I found similar confirmation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.