Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower» Forums » Rules

Subject: Spores trial rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derthiel Derthiel
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have question about attack on sponges. Does the card only specify attack for sharing same space as sponge and still able to make classic combat and missile or does it only force you to attack that spores from same space as spore with combat attack. Both translations are true. It does not forbid you from attacking as usual only add another option for smae space share which is not normally allowed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Lewis
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We interpreted as you must be on the same space to effect the spores (similar to trying to snatch a familiar) and that you could only use COMBAT attacks against the spores.

We allowed a hero on the spore space to still use other actions to attack enemies,etc. I don't know if this was the intent, but since the spores are kind of a 'passive' enemy, we didn't consider the hero pinned.

The issue I have with the spores is this:

Do the monster get to save based on the number of WOUNDS you inflict or HITS?

Example, I hit the Ogroid with The Stormcast's Thunderstrike, dealing 3 damage ... so if both spores are active does that mean:

A: The Ogroid rolls two dice, and each one that is a 5+ ignores a HIT

or

B: He rolls 6 dice, and each one thats a 5+ ignores a WOUND?

There are other abilities that are worded this way too ... how does everyone else play it?

We based it off of hits, because after the room filled up with Tzaangors, it got to be too much to keep track of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derthiel Derthiel
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
B
Each spore try prevent that wond. At last thats the wording

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Kyle
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I went with the spores being able to save wounds (as opposed to hits) too. The way I look at it, is that the spores have a chance of regenerating wounds the heroes cause.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.