Old School Tactical» Forums » Rules

Subject: Flak 30 and Flak 36 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul O'Dette
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I noticed that neither has a firing arc and there is nothing that I could find with a PDF search explaining this exception in the rules. Or by flipping through them - if there please let me know.

The only ref I could find was "FlaK 36 ( 88mm’s ) are large and may not occupy structures or bunkers."

3 Questions:

1) Is it a miss-print and they were supposed to have a red pointer in the corner? OR, are they treated just like an HMG (so ignore 2 if so).
2) If they do have an assumed fire arc of 360 deg like a tank, do you pay the penalty for firing out of arc?
3) I don't see any use of AA to mitigate or have some kind of an impact on aircraft attacks. Do they have any effect on aircraft at all?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance Strickland
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) No it's not a misprint.
2) Yes they have a 360 firing arc like a turreted tank and no there is no penalty, just like turreted tanks have no penalty.
3) AA has no impact on Air strikes.

Both these guns were designed to fire quickly in all directions, well quickly enough for the span of a game turn anyway.
Airstrikes are pretty abstracted and there is no AA fire... yet...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul O'Dette
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Related to above:

Since an HMG can occupy a bunker, can a FLak 30?

ah yes, forgot. No penalty for firing outside covered arc on tanks. The red point just help everyone know which way is the front I guess...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance Strickland
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Flak 30 can occupy bunkers as there is nothing on it's info card that says it can't. The Flak 36 cannot, it's stated right on the stat card.

ATGs can occupy bunkers as well, and can fire out any direction, with a penalty for changing facing.

Yes the red point show the front for armour and movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Barthheart wrote:
The Flak 30 can occupy bunkers as there is nothing on it's info card that says it can't. The Flak 36 cannot, it's stated right on the stat card.

ATGs can occupy bunkers as well, and can fire out any direction, with a penalty for changing facing.

Yes the red point show the front for armour and movement.

And that needs to change. Bunkers were never 360.......

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Logan
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Vance is correct. The flak guns have 360 deg AA mounts and they do not have the covered arc triangles in the corner. Can fire in any direction with no penalty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul O'Dette
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Thank you everyone, very helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul O'Dette
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Another FlaK 36 question on Transport:

Rules state "18. Units being transported in an armored troop
transport receive +1 to their Defense."

I can see how the crew would have protection but the gun(s) are very vulnerable.

Does this apply to a FlaK 36 or any transported gun of size such as AT's etc (do they get the +1 to their defense)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Logan
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, they get the +1 as the crew would be riding and the gun towed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.