Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Groß
Germany
Unspecified
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mb
Could this game also be played cooperatively as well as solo?
I am really thinking of picking this one up and it would help my decision if I knew wether I could try and beat the aliens together with my friend(s).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Rowe
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Question about cooperative play
I suppose that you could break up the marines into two or three squads and have each player control one of the squads. The biggest advantage would be having another set of hands or two to help separate all of the counters at the start of the game! Either way, I would recommend the game. If you take the time to sit down and play, it can be pretty amazing how well the game gives you the feeling of movies like Aliens. The game system creates a sort of emergent behavior with the aliens and the crewmen and their interactions with the decisions the player makes. You'll be biting your nails trying to get your marines and any surviving crewmembers into the escape shuttles as the ship's orbit slowly decays. Good fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Groß
Germany
Unspecified
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mb
Hawklord (#23369),
It does sound like great fun, but I'm just wondering wether I'm willing to pay 7 Dollars shipping to Germany.
But I'll probably pick this one up as it isn't that expensive and I'm sure I'll get a few plays from it.
Question just is where to set it up.
Does it require a lot of space?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Rowe
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Captain Napalm (#23436),
You'll need to clear a table, but it's not quite like playing Advanced Civilization with the Western Expansion map. There is a poster-sized map with charts and such where you keep lots of counters. You'll also need a bag or a bowl to draw chits at random from. If you plan to devote an evening to the game, you'll easily finish in one sitting. The first time you play takes the longest (there is a bit of getting used to the game system since it is somewhat unusual, but a good solo system).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.