Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
paul miles
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When a Vermite Frenzy chit is pulled and the Vermites are moving in a straight line, when they run into an impassible hex, do they just stop? Or do they attempt to complete the move as best possible by shifting out of the straight line and continuing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred W. Manzo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Clarification: They sidestep the Tar Pit obstacle by moving around it starting with the lowest-numbered adjacent hex and returning to their preferred direction as soon as possible as per rules D-2, item 3 on page 3.

However, a very similar situation may be caused by stacking problems, which are covered by rule E-3, paragraph 2, on page 5 "if a Vermite cannot stop in a hex due to it already being fully occupied the Vermite moves as far as legally possible and then remains in the last hex entered."

Thanks for posting the question.

- Fred

(I edited this answer when Herm mentioned that stacking can also play a part in creating Vermite movement problems.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Oliver
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fred, I was checking the rules when I saw you posted the answer.

Rule P.1.g on page 12, the rules concerning "Toxic Tar Pit".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred W. Manzo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

It's how we always played it. But it's never a problem answering questions. Either we know the answer or it will make the next game in the series that much better. And we do want to have at least a few more games in this series.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paul miles
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both--that is how I played it. Really enjoyed my first play, appreciated how you changed things up to reflect the nature of the new aliens. My marines got one jewel out but other than that were buried under an onslaught of bugs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred W. Manzo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

I just edited the above answer to take into account stacking problems.

I shouldn't have overlooked that situation the first time. We'll be creating a "Clarification and Errata file" for Space Vermin once things settle down a bit.

- Fred
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.