Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I played our first two-player game and had a question about one Hero ability on Bodyguard. It says, your hand size is 6. Is that when the Bodyguard is in your party or only when activated?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Johnson
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rickert wrote:
My wife and I played our first two-player game and had a question about one Hero ability on Bodyguard. It says, your hand size is 6. Is that when the Bodyguard is in your party or only when activated?

That's a good question, some heroes have the word: "Activate: " in front of the power, which implies that those powers only work if you activate the hero, but Bodyguard doesn't have that text.

I would lean toward playing that you get 6 cards if that hero is in your party regardless of whether or not it's activated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Jaconetti
United States
Simpsonville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At Gen Con, when the Bodyguard came up, the volunteer said that since it did not say "Activate:" that the power was "on" whenever the card was part of your party. So I agree with Kenny.

I am hoping to play a game with my wife in the near future! I enjoyed playing the game in the organized game so much that I bought it from the AEG booth the next day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That was what I figured. The Bodyguard did not come up that I recall in my sample game. Be prepared for a long first game as it will take 2 players a bit longer to get to 3 boss monsters than if 3 or 4 are playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Yep - since the bodyguard's ability doesn't include "activate:", its ability is constantly "on" while you have him in your party.

I'm glad you're enjoying the game!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.