United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
Reroll!
badge
C'mon roll allready!
mbmbmbmbmb
After all of us collectively waiting for the big Elf announcement, is there any news from the Battlelore game at Gencon? Inquiring minds want to know.shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just played with the Wrath of the Undead promo kits. Everyone who played got one of the playmats and the promos. Well worth the $8 admission! No news on Elves though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
lowplayercount.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nah, it would be posted already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Browne
United Kingdom
Loughborough
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Seems like Battlelore could be to RuneWars TMG, what X-Wing is to Armada, and yet there's been no news or expansions for ages and it feels like Battlelore could be done?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzych Kowalczyk
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonboyjon wrote:
Seems like Battlelore could be to RuneWars TMG, what X-Wing is to Armada, and yet there's been no news or expansions for ages and it feels like Battlelore could be done?

It could, if Armada was a starfighter dogfight game just like X-Wing instead of... well, Armada. As is, Battlelore is to RuneWars Miniatures what the 2012 AGOT: The Card Game is to AGOT LCG 2ed. It'll still be in the catalogue and might even get reprinted if it sells out, but don't hold your breath for more content.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Price
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
Reroll!
badge
C'mon roll allready!
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be funny if they sold Battlelore back to Days of wonder, and they supported it.zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hubbard
United States
Mullica Hill
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jonboyjon wrote:

Folks have said things like this before and I've never understood it. I don't think anyone expected this game to have expansions released as frequently as other titles. It's not a LCG they can push out another 20 cards for every month. Or a really high-profile title like X-Wing or Imperial Assault that sees regular small expansions every few quarters.

But despite that, this game has seen a lot of expansion. Just browse the news items on the Battlelore page...

8/2013 - Battlelore 2nd Edition announced.
12/2013 - Battlelore 2nd Edition released.
1/2014 - Scenario editor released.
2/2014 - Dice pack released.
9/2014 - 9 months after release, Daqan and Uthuk army packs announced.
1/2015 - Dragon and Giant announced.
3/2015 - Razorwings announced.
6/2015 - Daqan and Uthuk army packs released, roughly 1.5 year wait from the core set. Admittedly this was during the time of shipping labor issues on the west coast that FFG had even announced had delayed a lot of products. These army packs practically doubled the content of the core set.
6/2015 - Two Undead army packs announced.
6/2015 - Razorwings released.
8/2015 - Dragon and Giant released.
10/2015 - Undead army packs released. Not quite 2 years from the release of the core set. They've now practically tripled the content of the core set.

So it's been 10 months since any news. Looking at Battlelore's history, that's not exactly a bad sign. I was hoping for some bit of news out of Gencon, but I'm not convinced the game is dead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Hammons
United States
Santa Monica
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The question was asked at the in-flight report and received the standard we don't comment on unannounced product response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Vilfroy
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Daverman wrote:
jonboyjon wrote:

6/2015 - Two Undead army packs announced.
6/2015 - Razorwings released.
8/2015 - Dragon and Giant released.
10/2015 - Undead army packs released. Not quite 2 years from the release of the core set. They've now practically tripled the content of the core set.

So it's been 10 months since any news. Looking at Battlelore's history, that's not exactly a bad sign. I was hoping for some bit of news out of Gencon, but I'm not convinced the game is dead.

Technically no NEW news since June 2015. So really 14 months of nothing new.

Dunno why FFG couldn't announced the elves unless there are no plans to do so. From what I have heard they should be ready if not done (not like they would have to do much research on how elves look like..obviously need to test their abilities and skills). Probably one of the worst kept secrets of something "new" for Battlelore. Again, assuming there is a new faction to be released.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe I heard through a 3rd party, who possibly heard from his cousin's 3rd step-sister's boyfriend, that Richard Borg had elf stuff completed....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was an interesting idea posted on the FFG forums that maybe the Elves for BattleLore will be held until the Elves are released for Runewars. This would give them a concerted Elf release among multiple products similar to how the Undead got released across multiple products at the same time.

Certainly an intriguing idea, even if totally false. I like it, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Vilfroy
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Zaphod wrote:
We just played with the Wrath of the Undead promo kits. Everyone who played got one of the playmats and the promos. Well worth the $8 admission! No news on Elves though.

About how many folks played in the event (approximately)?

Just annoyed the playmats were handed out when the past 6-8 months one couldn't get one from FFG or any place without paying 3 digits or more for one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
vprice wrote:
It would be funny if they sold Battlelore back to Days of wonder, and they supported it.zombie

They don't need to sell it to them as they are all one company now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.