5 Posts

Potion Explosion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Does my turn end as long as I finish two potions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Leung
Singapore
flag msg tools
1)I face often, a situation where I complete TWO potions even before I 'pick an ingredient'. Once that happens, I draw two new potions. Can I pick an ingredient then?

2) I cause an explosion and Complete two potions. I place three leftover ingredients from my hand to place in my reserve pool.

A)Must I return any balance ingredients in my hand or may I continue to place them in the newly drawn potions?

B)If not, may I STILL drink potions and use professor's help to collect and place ingredients?

Generally, I feel the game becomes less interesting if I am limited to only finishing 2 potions per turn especially in the last few rounds.

Thanks for your response!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diego Inserauto & Maria Angela Rastetter
Italy
Bagheria (PA)
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drawing potion is the last thing of the turn, so no you can't.

When you complete your p otions but you still haven't pick up an ingredient you can do it to put these ingredients in your reserve, up to three, and discard the others in your hands.

Then you can draw two New potions. This balances the game i guess.

Skinnyspartan wrote:
1)I face often, a situation where I complete TWO potions even before I 'pick an ingredient'. Once that happens, I draw two new potions. Can I pick an ingredient then?

2) I cause an explosion and Complete two potions. I place three leftover ingredients from my hand to place in my reserve pool.

A)Must I return any balance ingredients in my hand or may I continue to place them in the newly drawn potions?

B)If not, may I STILL drink potions and use professor's help to collect and place ingredients?

Generally, I feel the game becomes less interesting if I am limited to only finishing 2 potions per turn especially in the last few rounds.

Thanks for your response!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
Your turn only consists of choosing & placing ingredient marbles, drinking potions and getting help from the Professor. Potions are crafted as soon as they're filled.

Once you've filled your two potions and placed all the marbles you can in your hand into your pool, the end turn starts, which consists of:

Dropping your remaining marbles in-hand into the dispenser
Refilling potions on your table

You can't move the marbles in the pool to the new potions until your next turn, and you can't drink any more potions or ask for help as technically your turn is over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Leung
Singapore
flag msg tools
Thanks a lot guys. I think I made this game a lot more thinks then it was meant to be! Haha. Really fun game! Can't wait for the expansion!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
Skinnyspartan wrote:
Thanks a lot guys. I think I made this game a lot more thinks then it was meant to be! Haha. Really fun game! Can't wait for the expansion!!!

It's still pretty thinky--strategizing which of the 5 potions you want to go after on the board once you need to fill your spots, and what explosions may be available to you so you can help choose

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.