Subject: Fortify The Villain Deck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryce C
United States
flag msg tools
Let's play together! - Legendary DXP
badge
I don't tell people what to do on their turn, I might as well be playing by myself.
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at creating some customs and I was wondering if Fortifying the Villain deck, similar to how Luke Cage does with the wound stack, would break the core mechanics of Legendary.

Also, I have an Artifact that when a Master Strike is revealed you can discard the Artifact to place the Master Strike on the bottom of the stack and draw a new card from the top of the villain deck.

I want to know if these cards would break the game, are overpowered, or if they are fine and just need some good balancing.

Mostly worried about the first one, I wanted the players to still draw cards and it would just defeat the first Villain/Henchman drawn but I'm pretty sure that's not how Fortify works. Thanks all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jem
France
flag msg tools
Fortifying the Villain Deck is only as overpowered as the effect caused and how it's triggered.

A villain escape effect causing Fortify the Villain Deck with "Play 2 Villain Cards per turn rather than one" would work. A hero with Fortify the Villain Deck who allowed you to draw the top two or three villain cards and choose which one you want to play would be viable, although you'd need a condition to end the fortify effect and maybe want to force play of scheme twists or something.

An MS-blocking Artifact could break "Crush Them With My Bare Hands" and Galactus's city-gobbling ways, but being so situational probably makes that okay - I'd be worried if it were a common card, less so for an uncommon and okay with a rare doing that - as a less powerful alternative, have the master strike shuffled back into the villain deck and/or have the player play another card from the villain deck immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.