Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This still troubles me as the way the rules are written in a peculiar manner. 6.2.2 "Line of Sight Along Slope": Hill can also create blind hex, the hex behind the crest line, "unless the difference between the height of the two units is less than or equal to the distance between them."

Does the height refer to the level of the hill as each hill level adds one level to it? For example, the town of Guines on map A is centrally located among three large hills, which have level 2 hills and a small hill at hex A510.

Units located at the large hilltops (level 2 hill) always have a LOS to each other units at level one hill because the distance between them always exceeds two hexes.

By the same token, the shortest distance to the next hill level from the small hill at A510 is at least three hexes away and so that small hilltop can also be seen from any other hill hexes in this scenario.
I conducted a survey of the maps with regard to the LOS behind crest line. I find some hexes would be blind hexes but I am not sure. A403 would be a blind hex to A406, B1003 to B605, C1116 to C113, D704 to 602. Please confirm my understanding. I do think some examples in the next version of the rulebook still help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Carlos Cebrián
msg tools
Hi Lawrence
In all the examples you write there are not LOS
For example if you have a unit in A1114 you have LOS A914, A514, A414, A312 but no to A314, A1110 or A1314

regards

JCC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.