10 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Replacement Parts in UK rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Dawson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
One of my Star Spawn has a deformed leg and doesn't fit the base. I emailed FFG replacement parts department, just waiting on a response but wanted to check with other UK players if they usually get replacements from them?

I had this happen before with another US based company (can't remember who now) who never sent the parts out.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Dunn
Scotland
Glasgow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have had cards replaced from FFG, sent from the States, my friend got replacement figures for gears of war, they are good but can take up to a month, though and they are at Gen CON so will not reply until the end of the month. but over all good at customer services.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Submerge them in hot water for about 5 minutes. You can then easily bend it in the desired angle. When you are satisfied, submerge them in cool water to fix or mount them on the base straight away. I don't think FFG will send replacements unless it is broken or bent really badly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Masters
England
flag msg tools
#!STRING_NOT_FOUND!#
badge
Son of Jor-El
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the UK and can confirm that FFG are pretty damn good at getting replacement components sent out. You have nothing to worry about
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Scholes
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I needed a few replacement parts for Star Wars:Rebellion. The process is to report the problem on the replacement parts page on the FFG website. It might be worth providing some photographic evidence. They will review it and will usually approve a replacement, notify you and send it to you through the post. The process ftakes a few weeks depending on how many requests they are dealing with (for example if there are a lot of new releases the backlog tends to be greater) but they seem to be pretty reliable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vardaine wrote:
Submerge them in hot water for about 5 minutes. You can then easily bend it in the desired angle. When you are satisfied, submerge them in cool water to fix or mount them on the base straight away. I don't think FFG will send replacements unless it is broken or bent really badly.

The hot/cold water treatment doesn't seem to work as well on these minis as with others (FFG or otherwise). They're so flexible/rubbery that they seem to gradually revert back to their bent shape (however they were warped when packed) slowly over time, either from body heat while handling, or just changes in room temperature.

It worked a little bit on the some of most bent pieces I had (shovels above rioters' heads, star spawn wings, clubs/staffs/etc), but many of them are nearly back where they started. They just don't seem to hold as well as usual. Maybe I need to heat them more/longer than with other types of plastics?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It should work for the legs of the star spawns (as asked by the op) as they are quite heavy and sturdy. I successfully fixed the wings of star spawns this way, although they are quite weak where they attach to the main body and took quite a while.

You are right about the very tiny features, though, like the shovels and the staff of the priest of Dagon. I believe these are simply to flimsy (especially the shovels which seem to bend back due to gravity alone) fix properly.

Long story short, I believe that this is a faster way to fix the issue that the op is having instead of waiting for FFG support.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ema Nymton
msg tools
Had exactly the same problem here. One figure is fine, the other has the wrong leg. (It's not that the leg needs slightly bending into position, it's actually cast with the wrong leg)

Contacted support/replacements and awaiting a reply.

As an additional observation, the holes cast in the bases for these figures seems to have been placed too far back. The figures obscure the information from the insert tiles to the rear and that leaves a large unused area of the base protruding out front.

Other than this, the rest of the components seem fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stewart Andrew
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I had exactly the same problem with one of my star spawn. After the hot water/cold water treatment the leg reverted to its original bent position. After a couple of attempts and being a tad frustrated, my personal solution on the third go was to submerge the spawn in the hot water until I could reposition the leg, then quickly dried it and inserted the still flexible model into its stand before putting it into the fridge for a few minutes.
I was quite chuffed when I found that this had worked and both spawns sit proudly, if a little to the rear, of their stands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it seems the thinner parts are the hardest to straighten. Strange that the material is different to previous FFG figures. Annoying, but not a lot more I can do... they're just tokens/toys

You can even see some of the bendy parts (rioter shovel, staff) in this, presumably an FFG promo pic...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.