$5.00
$15.00
$20.00
Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island» Forums » General

Subject: No news on new version rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know, the new version from Portal should come out in September. Doesn't it seem weird that there is basically no information available and we have heard nothing from portal the last months (or maybe I just missed it).

Portal are pretty good at media and hyping their games so this close to the supposed release, wouldn't you expect a lot more fanfare? Or do you think they will wait until Cry Havoc has released?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike B
United Kingdom
southampton
hampshire
flag msg tools
Dare To Roll - www.whodaresrolls.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure that after the mayhem of Gen Con stuff will be announced. Currently I can confirm that the rules are still being proofed for this big beautiful bastard, which potentially means that this is far more likely to be a Essen release in October rather than Sept. I'm sure all will be made clear soon.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victorius Deplorable
United States
Kinston
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we know what the changes from editions will be?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Webb
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mibar01 wrote:
I'm sure that after the mayhem of Gen Con stuff will be announced. Currently I can confirm that the rules are still being proofed for this big beautiful bastard, which potentially means that this is far more likely to be a Essen release in October rather than Sept. I'm sure all will be made clear soon.


Folks at their GenCon booth yesterday indicated Essen, so I'm thinking October-ish is a more likely release window. In either case: SOON.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Caram
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I'm eagerly awaiting this as well. This article was posted on the "Dice Tower News" website recently. Confirmation that it is coming.

http://www.dicetowernews.com/new-edition-of-robinson-crusoe-...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raph Moimoi
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Woohoo can't wait to read through the new rules !
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom R
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Muemmelmann wrote:
Doesn't it seem weird that there is basically no information available and we have heard nothing from portal the last months


I'd assume the game is still licensed to Z-Man at the moment. Actively advertising the new version (and impacting Z-Man's sales) would either be out of line with the contract, or just generally not good for the two company's relationship.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
..but wasnt that supposed to run out this summer?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom R
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Muemmelmann wrote:
..but wasnt that supposed to run out this summer?


The game would have originally come out at Essen wouldn't it? The license would be for a period of years. So should also expire at Essen, or shortly beforehand.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still don't understand the hype. It's the same game with some wooden bits that look like food. I can buy that anywhere. Keeping and enjoying my current copy.
2 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
..and that is great, but for us who do not have it yet, we are looking forward to an improved rulebook and improved bits in the new versions
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, from what I understand, wording on cards and erratas have been implemented as well. Maybe even some Promos (Beach? Beast cards? Exploration tokens?) included? It would make sense.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mokey D Luffy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Muemmelmann wrote:
..and that is great, but for us who do not have it yet, we are looking forward to an improved rulebook and improved bits in the new versions


My sentiments exactly. The hype isn't about buying the new version to replace your old one. It is about buying a brand new copy for those of us that don't have one, and decided to wait patiently, or impatiently, for the new version to be released. I was just about to send away for a copy when I heard about the new one, so I decided to wait.

I stand by my decision.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mokey D Luffy wrote:
Muemmelmann wrote:
..and that is great, but for us who do not have it yet, we are looking forward to an improved rulebook and improved bits in the new versions


My sentiments exactly. The hype isn't about buying the new version to replace your old one. It is about buying a brand new copy for those of us that don't have one, and decided to wait patiently, or impatiently, for the new version to be released. I was just about to send away for a copy when I heard about the new one, so I decided to wait.

I stand by my decision.


That may be the main market, but I may consider replacing my copy. It would be great to have all those minor rules and other issues ironed out.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lamkin
United States
Wheaton
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nickbolton wrote:
Mokey D Luffy wrote:
Muemmelmann wrote:
..and that is great, but for us who do not have it yet, we are looking forward to an improved rulebook and improved bits in the new versions


My sentiments exactly. The hype isn't about buying the new version to replace your old one. It is about buying a brand new copy for those of us that don't have one, and decided to wait patiently, or impatiently, for the new version to be released. I was just about to send away for a copy when I heard about the new one, so I decided to wait.

I stand by my decision.


That may be the main market, but I may consider replacing my copy. It would be great to have all those minor rules and other issues ironed out.


Plus the smaller box is always nice too.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nickbolton wrote:
Mokey D Luffy wrote:
Muemmelmann wrote:
..and that is great, but for us who do not have it yet, we are looking forward to an improved rulebook and improved bits in the new versions


My sentiments exactly. The hype isn't about buying the new version to replace your old one. It is about buying a brand new copy for those of us that don't have one, and decided to wait patiently, or impatiently, for the new version to be released. I was just about to send away for a copy when I heard about the new one, so I decided to wait.

I stand by my decision.


That may be the main market, but I may consider replacing my copy. It would be great to have all those minor rules and other issues ironed out.


Exactly, I have everything for Crusoe and I'll be buying it. I'll keep the old box though, it barely fits the expansion and Promos and addons. Though I like the new box artwork more.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Gauvin
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
Classical guitarist
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Muemmelmann wrote:
As far as I know, the new version from Portal should come out in September. Doesn't it seem weird that there is basically no information available and we have heard nothing from portal the last months (or maybe I just missed it).

Portal are pretty good at media and hyping their games so this close to the supposed release, wouldn't you expect a lot more fanfare? Or do you think they will wait until Cry Havoc has released?


They mentionned the game quite a few times. Announced at Gama Trade Show, at the Dice Tower and in a couple of live playthrough and if I remember correctly in a podcast.whistle
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Liles
United States
Valparaiso
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There is a press release today confirming Essen release and later in November for the US.

http://portalgames.pl/new_en/announcement-portal-games-annou...

I have waited for my sons to get older to pick this up, and I am glad that I have the GOTY edition and new box are intriguing.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
At first I was hoping for September, then in October because of Essen. I'll downgrade my hopes to "I hope I can jump on a preorder before Christmas before it's sold out".
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.