Giga-Robo!» Forums » General

Subject: Warrior of the Wastes unlocked! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The campaign appears to have been picking up speed since Gen Con. And now the next SG is unlocked Onwards to the rest!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oblivion Doll
New Zealand
flag msg tools
My big hope from here is that $77k unlock! Unique art on every card would be awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
obliviondoll wrote:
My big hope from here is that $77k unlock! Unique art on every card would be awesome!

Yeah, with you on that one! I don't really care about the plastic buildings (I like the art they've shown so far and would much prefer that to unpainted plastic, actually), but I love the artwork in GR, so I want more of it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to note since it flew by on the campaign comments thread, They mentioned the demo art is still a work in progress. So even if we didn't get to 77000 they are still adding artwork to the game. It's just that illustrations would cover broad categories of cards (i.e. all O-Gun Star Spanner attacks would look the same). That level ensures that every card has unique art.

I agree that was always my favorite SC followed closely by the soundtrack SC. Those are the two that I felt would get me most excited when playing the game. Fingers crossed that we get there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Hammerschlag
United States
Chicago
flag msg tools
IRON FUSION OVERKILL!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, coming to gaming from the CCG side, I really wanted to have all the cards have unique art (especially the Pilot cards - I think it'd be really fun to see how the different Instants would look). Alex and I throw on our own Robot music when we play but would love a full on Giga-Robo! OST. It would be awesome to be in the middle of starting your turn and the theme song for your Robot comes on!

Also this reminded me - I think it's time to update that spread sheet with the newcomers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rock Bronson

Kansas City
Kansas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
schlagamuffin wrote:
Also this reminded me - I think it's time to update that spread sheet with the newcomers.

Awwwwwww yeah!

I agree about unique art. Really hope we can get there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ogmund prime
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Be aware though. As it states on the main campaign page, the added artwork will more than likely delay delivery since it will be so time consuming. I'd rather have a quality game than a quick game delivered but there is a very vocal minority that despises kickstarter delays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott S
msg tools
More Robots, yay!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rock Bronson

Kansas City
Kansas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ogmundprime wrote:
Be aware though. As it states on the main campaign page, the added artwork will more than likely delay delivery since it will be so time consuming. I'd rather have a quality game than a quick game delivered but there is a very vocal minority that despises kickstarter delays.

VERY vocal. But those people are only audible until the game releases. I've been part of several delayed projects and heard the complaints, but no one remembers them a month after release. I'm not sure I would say "more than likely" either- The creators outlined it as a known potential for delay and have planned around it, and have also commented that because of the art style (lots of close shots, blurred backgrounds and motion effects) it will take less time to complete that art than some other games.

Not to discount what your saying, I would say besides minis that art is the factor that has delayed projects I have supported most often. But looking at Giga-Robo!'s art I think it's reasonable that it could go faster than a game with more detailed art would.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.