Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Manuel Bourgeois
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools

QUESTION 1:

Say I have -3 STH and I am an Achiever (Child Trait).

Child Trait "Achiever": You to not pay ANY Resources to complete the Level 1 of Projects.

Negative STH: When taking or advancing a project pay 1 additional resources of your choice per negative STH.

What happends when I take a Regular Project at Level 1 which costs 1 Knowledge?
- Do I pay nothing since the Resource cost of Level 1 Projects are waived?
- Do I pay 0 Knowledge (base cost reduced to 0 by Achiever) + 3 Resources of my choice (-3 STH penalty)?

QUESTION 2:

Do ST Projects and Group Projects take up one of your 3 Slots?

EXAMPLE:
0 - I have 1 Regular Project and 1 Job.
1 - I take a Group Project, moving my Hourglass from the Project space onto the Group Project
2 - I take a ST Project, leaving my Hourglass on the Project space.

Do I take a Stress since I now have 1 Regular Project, 1 Job, 1 Group Project and 1 ST Project in front of me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Daerthalus wrote:
QUESTION 1:

Say I have -3 STH and I am an Achiever (Child Trait).

Child Trait "Achiever": You to not pay ANY Resources to complete the Level 1 of Projects.

Negative STH: When taking or advancing a project pay 1 additional resources of your choice per negative STH.

What happends when I take a Regular Project at Level 1 which costs 1 Knowledge?
- Do I pay nothing since the Resource cost of Level 1 Projects are waived?
- Do I pay 0 Knowledge (base cost reduced to 0 by Achiever) + 3 Resources of my choice (-3 STH penalty)?

You do not pay the resources listed on the card, but you pay the extra resources of the penalty (second option above)

Daerthalus wrote:
QUESTION 2:

Do ST Projects and Group Projects take up one of your 3 Slots?

EXAMPLE:
0 - I have 1 Regular Project and 1 Job.
1 - I take a Group Project, moving my Hourglass from the Project space onto the Group Project
2 - I take a ST Project, leaving my Hourglass on the Project space.

Do I take a Stress since I now have 1 Regular Project, 1 Job, 1 Group Project and 1 ST Project in front of me?

Single-Turn Projects and Group Projects are still Projects and all the rules that apply to the Projects, apply to them as well. So, yes they take up one of your 3 Slots.

In your example above, when you perform step #2, you take an extra stress since it's the 4th card (among Projects, Jobs, Partners) that you place in front of you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amilcar Piedade
msg tools
I thought ST projects and Group Projects free their slots at the end of the round. Since you only get stress for 4+ occupied slots during the Upkeep Phase, you would only have the job and one project at that time, thus not getting extra stress.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Er
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
Orckimedes wrote:
I thought ST projects and Group Projects free their slots at the end of the round. Since you only get stress for 4+ occupied slots during the Upkeep Phase, you would only have the job and one project at that time, thus not getting extra stress.

Vangelis is correct
The taking of a fourth card immediately gives you the stress

The upkeep phase stress is another stress on top of the one you took for the fourth card (provided you still have four cards in front of you during upkeep - for this case, he will not have to gain the upkeep phase stress)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amilcar Piedade
msg tools
Ok. I must have missed that in the rules. I thought the immediate stress only applied in the case of multiple partners.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jion wrote:
Vangelis is correct
The taking of a fourth card immediately gives you the stress
...after resolving the card, if I am correct. This makes sense if you are on the very last spot on the stress track. While you immediately take stress if you re-take an action on the board (thus you don't get to resolve the card at all), I believe that stress for exceeding the slots or multiple partners is taken after resolving the card; and then you die.

@Vangeli: how about Group Projects or L1 1-Round projects? How are they affected by the Achiever trait, if at all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Group Projects don't have a L1 so you always pay full price for any role you take.

Single-round projects have levels though - If you pick one such project and choose to go for its L1, then you don't pay anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.