Hide
14 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Warrior/Survivor of the Sun (continuation of this Plog) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julien
msg tools
Just a few photos I wanted to share! Sorry, this isn't spiraling cadaver quality :'(

I understand that Lantern Armor isn't necessarily the best armor around, and its affinity towards blunt weapons makes it so that these survivors aren't exactly geared "correctly" (if playing WYSIWYG) - but I always felt that the latern armor was one of the coolest set to look at, so I wanted to create a theme around my three survivors; so I've nicknamed them as "Lantern Knights of the Three Epochs" - with each suvivor representing an epoch of human civilization: Viking, Romans, and Medieval:

Building survivors have been a little slow as I'm really trying to find unique poses with them, that are less static.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay W
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Lantern Armor "knights"
Bloody awesome, very inspirational.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greasy Reese
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Oh wow, amazing work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Really cool stuff, I love seeing people go beyond the action figure/doll look that comes with unmodified survivors and really give them a pose/some interest, think mr. viking's my fave.

On gear, yeah, I try to keep a healthy mix of functional and cool- but, for the record, we've had a lot of success with phoenix hat + lantern set to prevent the horrible penalties for the hat while still getting the full benefit of the rest of the chest.

What are the bits on the roman's shoulder?

edit: oh, thanks re: the paint job blush, obviously I like your look, too. I think the hair and plants came out particularly well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien
msg tools
The feather / hair thing on the roman's shoulder is the feather/hair thing thats supposed to be at the back of the lantern helm

I have some other pretty cool ones in the works that are awaiting painting - The Butcher and the Gold Smoke Knight in human survivor form (ie, before they became "monsters" ), also so I can play as Butcher-wannabe when fighting the butcher haha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, cool, and are you familiar with the Forsakers, re: butcher?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien
msg tools
Yep. Read their lore, but sadly don't own any of the Forsaker models.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, too bad. The pinup's pretty easy to find, since people have broken down the bundles. I gave her midriff a bit more armor so she didn't have fantasy bikini problems, and think it's one of the line's best sculpts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien
msg tools
Re: Origins of The Butcher (continuation of this Plog)
This is what I had in mind when I wanted to do an "origin" for The Butcher!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien
msg tools
Warrior/Survivor of the Sun (continuation of this Plog)
Warrior of the Sun (my take using survivor sprues)

Mixed some of the spider silk armor becausse I feel that the leggings match more the asian feel than the Sunstalker ones... which I kind of really dont like for their female versions. For this kind of character (ninja/samurai 'esque) these leggings suit it very well. Adding the sakura petals helps to bring out the japanese theme as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice stuff on both counts, and I like the silk/sunstalker armor combo- how'd you deal with the different midriff joins?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien
msg tools
With clippers!

And then a little greenstuff where required! I clipped the trousers part, since the trousers felt far taller than the others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien
msg tools
More painted figures! (Not enough painted minis on this forum! Too much text!)

My take on the Sprinter Armor

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Agree about not enough painted models around here! Great work. Keep it up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.