Subject: Could really do with a "first player" token rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pandora Caitiff
United Kingdom
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked this up last weekend and have since played a few games with my partner, and we really enjoyed it. The only problem we had was working out who was to start each round.

After dealing the new bewitched cards, and reading out the event card, we often forgot who was the last player to be brave.

I'll probably pick up a toy witch, or a badge, for this. But for now I can use one of the spare blank tokens!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael W.
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's often the case in our games. Usually we play by two. So everyone gets a player help. We take a meeple of one another colour and put it on the player help sheet who is the starting player. Works so far for us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kaemmer
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are absolutely right. We just pass the quick reference tile around, but it would be nice to have something more official/easier to pick up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Armand
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd buy a 1st player mini promo from the geek store...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Espinoza
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
doctoryes0 wrote:
Is there such a thing? Can't seem to find any.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We also discussed with the publisher whether to include a first player marker or not. The problem here: The players forgot to pass the first player marker on. Both ways have their disadvantages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The last Lego mini figure set had a nice witch. That's what I bought for the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pandora Caitiff
United Kingdom
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexP wrote:
We also discussed with the publisher whether to include a first player marker or not. The problem here: The players forgot to pass the first player marker on. Both ways have their disadvantages.

Yeah, that's a fair comment. Maybe I can train my players to grab it when they say, "No, I'm being the brave..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Armand
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Espinoza wrote:
doctoryes0 wrote:
Is there such a thing? Can't seem to find any.

Sorry, I meant I would if there was one! Dropping a hint to Alex since I knew he'd see this...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A friend of mine bought a Harry Potter keychain for my copy of the game that we use as a first player token. It's about 3.5" long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert
Netherlands
Den Haag
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
How about this one?

https://m.nl.aliexpress.com/item/32734968235.html

Shows up as 9 USD over here, and I think it is shipping for free worldwide. Not sure how much you'd like to spend on a first player token though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.