Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Pooley
United Kingdom
Cheshire
flag msg tools
Not the following on the KS page website:

Quote:
REFUND POLICY

We will refund your pledge, no questions asked, until 30 days AFTER REWARDS SHIP. Backers will be able to return rewards to the closest Amazon warehouse.

The amount refunded varies depending on the time frame:

0-60 days after the end of the campaign: 100% refunded.

60 days on: 92% refunded (this is because of the approximately 8% and processing fees that are non-refundable past this point).

Up to 30 days after you receive your rewards: 92% refunded plus you may be required to pay for the Amazon return shipping label, this will be decided on a case by case basis.

Hence, they are not promising full refunds and may ask for P&P return from you. As happened with me and Deadzone they'll remove the charge that KS takes off for processing the pledge...KS creators view this as a charge to the person pledging not a charge on them. Of course, that means I'll never use Mantic again so they've lost more than the $25 they screwed out of me on that occasion...

Hence, if you had to go for the Ultimate bundle because you got in late (i.e. the old mark up of the same pledge bundle as the one before but at a higher cost) you will lose $17 of your $210 pledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To be fair, being allowed to get a 92% refund a whole month after you get a product (and unpacked and unpunched it) is not a bad offer.

Trouble is, by the time all the rewards are sent, the money will be pretty much gone. If BCG get (say) 10% wanting refunds, that's about $20,000.... Are they really likely to have that much money sloshing around after completing production and shipping? Unlikely.

So I'd be less concerned about a full refund being just 92%, and more concerned about whether I would get any refund at all....

....just ask Seprents Tongue backers.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
willian bateman
United States
west point
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
They have stated that the money they make will be kept, more or less in a place they will not spend it, until the refund policy has expired.
With ST the shippers quoted them a much lower price than what it actually cost to ship the game.
Hence why there was a "fire" sale to help ship the rewards.
The president of bcg posted his phone number in the ks chat to answer any questions, can u name a single ks where this has happened b4?

Regardless EVERY ks has a risk to it, if people don't understand that, then ks is not the place for u.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
allamerican wrote:
They have stated that the money they make will be kept, more or less in a place they will not spend it, until the refund policy has expired.

Except they have to produce and ship the game, as well as pay designers, artists, etc....so how much exactly will be left to service refunds? Unless they believe they will make HUGE profits on the game, they will NOT be able to give refunds if a significant number of people request them.

Serpent Tongue, as you state, used all their profits in production and shopping and were unable to even fulfil the promised rewards. Any u expected costs for BCG - let's say, having to reprint one mech due to a Cease and Desist from the AC people - and bang goes profits, and so bang go refunds.

And someone have out a mobile number? Big whoop. Company number, on an easily disposed of phone when it all goes sour? I am NOT saying it is a con.....but a con man is very plausible and available until he gets your money....

As you say, KSs have risks. But promises of refunds do NOT make them one jot less risky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.