$30.00
Nicholas Curtain
Australia
flag msg tools
Hey all,
Just wondering how people are using this expansion?
Tried a couple of games with all the boss cards shuffled in.... never again ahaha. Brutally hard.

Thinking trying it next time with just a singular card of each boss in the deck.

Otherwise, perhaps just running a single card from the expansion in the zombie deck--meaning only 1 boss will appear (eg pool the three boss cards, randomly add a single card from the expansion in without looking).

Just wondering what others have been doing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
We put all three in, along with the Wolfbomination of course, starting at mission 2 of Wolfsburg. We included a character with +1 damage melee (Can't remember who). The first time we played, it all went well, and we were 10 minutes from getting out and winning the game when the Big Bad Wolfbomination turned up. Our character with the +1 damage took his Bastard sword and moved into its space for his first action. He then rolled 2 dice for each of his next three actions and failed to kill the beast! He died, of course, and, as all players must survive that mission, we lost.

We played the mission again a few days later, this time with two or three stronger survivors, including one with +1 damage ranged! It went well, with all of the Nastier Aboms drawn at blue, so not spawned. Then, right at the end, when we had gone through the spawn card once, with one single room to open for its objective, we spawned double spawns and Aboms so three Abominations turned up in the one room, including the Abominatroll. Luckily, we had a medieval Molotov, and won the game.

When the new, stronger survivors came out we said we probably wouldn't play them because it makes the game too easy. We've changed our minds. Can't wait for the deadeye walkers to come out at retail!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha, I can just imagine this game giving you nightmares.zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghorron
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Well, it really depends on the level of difficulty you want to have and the survivors and weapons/vault items your are playing with.

If you stick to the core game survivors and items then I would highly recommend using only one of the boss abominations.

But if you have access to some stronger survivors and items (3dmg weapons, +1 dmg survivors, weapons that create dragon fire etc) it is fun to put all in and have 3 or more abominatinos on the board

I like to play with crows, archers, 1 boss abomination and an additional special necromancer, and if people choose very strong survivors I pop in the wolves and wolvabomination.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what you say it feels like you are playing it dungeonmaster like.

I understood this was a coop zombie killer game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghorron
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
No we don't play it dungeonmaster alike, although it _is_ possible for one player to take over the role of all zombies and handle the spawning, movement, dice rolling and decision making.

But I like to adjust the zombie spawn deck after we selected our survivors, so we have a "good" level of difficulty: plain/weak survivors -> less abominations and necromancers; strong survivors -> more bad guys, wolves, etc.

With beginners I like to play basic survivors and core box zombies, maybe with half of the crowz cards mixed in. Its all about balancing the game around your group

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah danke.

With luck we should find this under the Weihnachtsbaum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lenonn Toledo
msg tools
Someone could please upload the rule sheet? I can't find it anywhere on net :C
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.