Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeffrey Day
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Looking forward to playing this.

The game has 10 different actions, and one of those actions has 8 steps.

Player aids would have been really helpful. Maybe a PnP?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Rompot
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same exact thoughts. Most of the actions are fairly intuitive but it would be nice to have an aid, especially when learning the game. It could also include the hidden rule about discarding your hero after a raid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mohnkern
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditto here, its been on my list to create one, but haven't had the time yet.

Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mohnkern
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've uploaded a quick PDF that will give you 4 Player references cards on an 8 1/2 X 11 Sheet, no graphics (didn't have them) but its a start.

I am waiting for it to be approved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mohnkern
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a basic Player Aid up in the file section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
what we need is a player aid with the various icons and symbols...(I will use scott's until someone much more creative than myself uploads one)

I really can't believe the game came without them honestly...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Horn
United States
Valrico
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Beta rules included a chart attached to the Player boards with all of the actions, with graphics. I was surprised when the finalized version came out without that chart, and no replacement. Seemed like a natural addition that should have been included. Otherwise, I am enjoying the game, and the rules are not hard to remember, once you've played the game a few times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mingler1 wrote:
The Beta rules included a chart attached to the Player boards with all of the actions, with graphics. I was surprised when the finalized version came out without that chart, and no replacement. Seemed like a natural addition that should have been included. Otherwise, I am enjoying the game, and the rules are not hard to remember, once you've played the game a few times.
I have the beta rules, and my copy does not have any type of chart?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daniel gagnon
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I agree,

I have played a couple of games and I think that the board has enough space to include more game infos: ex: add a +1 construction token after the three green symbols for construction,actions list etc.

The player aid is a must.

I have another minor complaint. I think that the player board misses some personality like a clan name (a different color would have been nice too) to differentiate with another player.

The game comes with color tokens for the fame track but it's difficult in a 5 player game to remember who is who. I would have liked if the player boards were in different colors or, it would have been better, to have 5 clan miniatures bust, and even better, if the 5 busts were different for each clan. For now, I use color tokens from my game stock

Also there are only 4 cards for each construction type so when playing with 5, not everyone can get all buildings. I love this because it put some pressure and competiton for the building constructions. You miss all this when playing with less than 5 players and it's even worst with 2 players, too much building available.

I hate to do that but I had no choice to house rule this part when playing with 2 players: I draw 3 cards from 2 building sets and 2 cards for the two other set. Also only 3 cards are accessible in the building and in the ship offer.

But still, I love the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Keller
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aktarion wrote:
The game comes with color tokens for the fame track but it's difficult in a 5 player game to remember who is who.

This, this, a thousand times, THIS. It is lack of attention to little details like this that make players sneer, "Oh, this is a Kickstarter game, isn't it?" shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Rodrigues
Brazil
Guarulhos
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chopperdan wrote:
Aktarion wrote:
The game comes with color tokens for the fame track but it's difficult in a 5 player game to remember who is who.

This, this, a thousand times, THIS. It is lack of attention to little details like this that make players sneer, "Oh, this is a Kickstarter game, isn't it?" shake

What is curious is that in the rulebook it says that the player boards have different colors in them. Maybe it was intended to have but then in production they didn't notice it was missing.... This is the only complaint I have with this game btw. Actually, this and the minis that should really have been cubes. Other than that, it is a good game. Much better than I was expecting. It has a nice feel to it, it plays very fluently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.