Soccer City» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about the terms used to describe zones on the field rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
wookie mart
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the difference between attacking half, defending half, my half and opponent's half.

Example: defensive retreat uses the term "the opponent's half". Meanwhile Fast break uses the term "defensive half".

Are those terms meant to represent the same half or is the "defensive half" meant to describe the variable side depending on which player is defender. If that is the case is the defensive half on the side of the defender or the attacker?

Here is a list of tactics that need clarification on this:

Pass to the box: is attacking half the attackers half or the defenders?

Fast break: same question.

Backwards Step: this is perfect wording that makes understanding this card a no brainer, this type of wording should be standard across the rule book. The same goes for Defensive Retreat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soccer City
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
Hi!

Defending half: it is your half of the pitch when you are defending.
Attacking half: it is your half of the pitch when you are attacking.
Both terms are opposite. So, your half part of the pitch, will be your "opponent's half of the pitch" for your opponent.

Half opponent's half: opposite half of the pitch, either when you are attacking or defending.

In your example: Defensive retreat refers to the half of the pitch where you can retreat your players from. Fast Break refers to the half of the pitch where you can launch the counter attack from.

Pass to the box: Attackers half. This tactic is an attacking tactic, so it can be played when you are the attacker.

Fast break: As it is an attacking tactic, it refers to the attackers half. When you recover the ball, you can launch a counter attack by moving forward up to 2 players up to 2 hexes.

Backward step: It refers to the half where the players are situated.

Hope I solved your questions.
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wookie mart
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SoccerCity wrote:

Defending half: it is your half of the pitch when you are defending.
Attacking half: it is your half of the pitch when you are attacking.

So based on the above Fast Break and Pass to the Box would read like this:

"Fast Break Attacking Tactical Move
· Choose up to 2 players in defensive (opponent's) half and move them forward a maximum of 2 hexes.
· The ball goes to one of the 2 players using a close pass."

In other words my players need to be in the opponent's half of the pitch to be targeted with Fast Break?

"Pass to the Box Attacking Tactical Move
· Choose a team mate in the penalty box and pass him the ball
using a close pass from anywhere in the attacking (your) half."

In other words I make a close pass from my half of the pitch all the way to the opponent's penalty box?
If that is the case then how can I be allowed to play a Pass to the Box when doing a corner kick since the ball is nowhere near my half of the pitch?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.