Falling Sky: The Gallic Revolt Against Caesar» Forums » Rules

Subject: Aduatuca (#58) Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
マルコ
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Eine wunderbare Heiterkeit hat meine ganze Seele eingenommen, gleich den süßen Frühlingsmorgen, die ich mit ganzem Herzen genieße. Ich bin allein und freue mich meines Lebens in dieser Gegend, die für solche Seelen geschaffen ist wie die meine.
mbmbmbmbmb
Question about Aduatuca-Event: There is a Fort at Treveri and also 4 German warbands, and there are 3 German warbands at Nervii.

Marching is mandatory, right? So the Treveri warbands wouldn't be able to ambush, right? And: are the Treveri warbands allowed to join the Nervii warbands after they (the Nervii warbands) marched to Nervii Treveri ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please post the actual card text and which of the two events you are talking about in future questions

Quote:
P. Sextius Baculus—Heroic Roman defense: Remove 9 Belgic and/
or Germanic Warbands from a Region with a Fort.
Sugambri strike unprepared fort: March Germans to 1 Region
with a Fort. They Ambush Romans there, 1 Loss per 2 Warbands.

What I think would happen is that the warbands from Nervii would march to Treveri and all Germans there ambush.
Even if all warbands are already in a region with a fort, any part of of an event that can't be executed is skipped and the rest is still applied as per 5.1.3.

Not all warbands that ambush need to be involved in the march since the event doesn't say that only the marching group ambushes.

I'm not sure what you mean by "join warbands in Nervii", there is no fort in Nevii based on what you wrote, so they wouldn't march there as part of the event.
Generally there is no concept of separate groups of pieces of the same faction within the same region though. The few times that comes up it's specifically stated what effects it has, e.g. the circumvallation event which forces a group to stay in a region and attack differently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
マルコ
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Eine wunderbare Heiterkeit hat meine ganze Seele eingenommen, gleich den süßen Frühlingsmorgen, die ich mit ganzem Herzen genieße. Ich bin allein und freue mich meines Lebens in dieser Gegend, die für solche Seelen geschaffen ist wie die meine.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your answer! I was having doubts because of the "They Ambush Romans there", I thought "They" applyied to The Germans that were marching.

Ze_German_Guy wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean by "join warbands in Nervii", there is no fort in Nevii based on what you wrote, so they wouldn't march there as part of the event.

Yep, sorry, I got confused. I'll edit my post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
max bredow wrote:
Thanks for your answer! I was having doubts because of the "They Ambush Romans there", I thought "They" applyied to The Germans that were marching.

Ze_German_Guy wrote:

Yep, sorry, I got confused. I'll edit my post.
My interpretation is that "They" in this case means Germans.
Card 72, Impetuosity, specifies that a marching group battles on their own after the march. I'd assume if the same was intended for 58 it would have been made more clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
マルコ
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds reasonable. Thanks a lot!

So, all Germans, no matter where they are, would get to Ambush Romans, right?

Edit: Oh no, "They ambush Romans there", got it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
All correct.

As an added little option (and for the record), since whoever is executing the Event is running the German March (5.1), that Faction could choose to just March 1 or some of the adjacent German Warbands into the Fort's Region (and thereby fulfill 5.1.3), since the Event does not specify all Germans that can reach.

Volko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alberto cherubini
msg tools
Additional clarification please:
it is a German March, hence only into adjacent region, correct?

thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
acherubini wrote:
Additional clarification please:
it is a German March, hence only into adjacent region, correct?

thanks in advance
Yes, otherwise it would have used a different word.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alberto cherubini
msg tools
One more: I guess the fort doesn't count when calculating losses given the text of the card "They ambush Romans there, 1 loss per 2 warbands".

But if Caesar is there, does he get to roll the die as in a normal roman ambush? or he doesnt, because it is not written on the card?

thanks in advance again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
acherubini wrote:
One more: I guess the fort doesn't count when calculating losses given the text of the card "They ambush Romans there, 1 loss per 2 warbands".

But if Caesar is there, does he get to roll the die as in a normal roman ambush? or he doesnt, because it is not written on the card?

thanks in advance again
I think they would get to roll as normal since the card doesn't say that they don't get to roll; Cards only deviate from the normal rules if explicitly specified.
Note though that a successful roll only means that the Romans can counterattack, not that they get to retreat (see 3.4.4, something I've often overlooked)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alberto cherubini
msg tools
And if the roman has X Legio (card 15)?
would that apply, or not because it says "Battles", while this is a "Battle + Ambush"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
acherubini wrote:
And if the roman has X Legio (card 15)?
would that apply, or not because it says "Battles", while this is a "Battle + Ambush"?
Even if the battle is enhanced with an ambush it is still a battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.