Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Halleran
United States
Monona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To use the booster, your car has to be at speed 3 or higher. I assume that's the speed at the start of this turn? You couldn't have speed 1 from previous turn, accelerate to speed 3 and use booster (to get up to 4)? Thanks, Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin B
Canada
Richmond Hill
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure it's your speed at the start of your turn. i.e. your current speed before doing anything. That's how we play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Halleran
United States
Monona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks... also, can you check your trajectory with a ruler before committing to move? Or do you "only use fingers" then move car and pawn... and if anyone doubts trajectory, then check with ruler (and discover that you clipped a curb?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin B
Canada
Richmond Hill
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We allow checking trajectory with a ruler during your turn.

Our rule is that you can fiddle around with the ruler and your fingers, but as soon as you move your trajectory pawn or your car, then you've committed to the move. This way there's no, "where was I again"? And in no circumstances can you plan your moves with your fingers during the previous players' turns.

If by any chance after this, a player still messed up by clipping a curb without checking, then the rules for going off the track apply. They had their chance. Usually if it gets close, all players are involved in the check (You're touching it! No, I'm not. You're moving the ruler! It's straight! I'm totally not touching the curb!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Phelps
United States
Canal Fulton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BakeliteTM wrote:

If by any chance after this, a player still messed up by clipping a curb without checking, then the rules for going off the track apply.

The rules for going off the track have nothing to do with clipping a curb. Clipping a curb is completely forbidden. So if someone does it and is caught, they have to re-do their move so as not to clip the curb.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen N
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It should be clarified that the curbs are in play... they are considered part of the track. clipping grass or sand is what is forbidden
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.