$30.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Cry Havoc» Forums » Rules

Subject: 3 player Trog rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Martineau
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
True Player for Real
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Played our first game last night and we're a little unsure about a few Trog things.

When Trogs retreat, who chooses where the Nest token goes? We assumed the player who was controlling them in the fight.

Is there any limit to the number of Trog war parties and nests that can be in one space?

At one point, someone entered a place with one war party and one nest, then lost the fight against 7 or so Trogs. Later, a nest token was placed there after a retreat from an another . With 7 Trogs and a nest, the space basically became impassable, and ate up so many miniatures that further exploration was really tough. Did we do something incorrectly?

If we run out of tokens, do they get reshuffled or is that the end of Trog reinforcements?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RageGoblin wrote:
Played our first game last night and we're a little unsure about a few Trog things.

When Trogs retreat, who chooses where the Nest token goes? We assumed the player who was controlling them in the fight.

Is there any limit to the number of Trog war parties and nests that can be in one space?

At one point, someone entered a place with one war party and one nest, then lost the fight against 7 or so Trogs. Later, a nest token was placed there after a retreat from an another . With 7 Trogs and a nest, the space basically became impassable, and ate up so many miniatures that further exploration was really tough. Did we do something incorrectly?

If we run out of tokens, do they get reshuffled or is that the end of Trog reinforcements?


Yes. The player controlling Trogs.

No.

After the battle, you remove all Units and just leave the Orange token. So, you won't have 7 plus the Trog token. Just the token.

You re-shuffle.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Martineau
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
True Player for Real
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless I have read them incorrectly (totally possible), the rules only say to remove Trog units if they are forced to retreat. We also remove them if they win the territory?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Martineau
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
True Player for Real
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
To further clarify:

For two or three players, there should never be Trog miniatures on the map unless they are in a battle region.



Is that correct?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RageGoblin wrote:
Unless I have read them incorrectly (totally possible), the rules only say to remove Trog units if they are forced to retreat. We also remove them if they win the territory?


You didn't misread. The rules do not specify that Trog figures are removed in the event they win the territory objective.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam McArdell
United States
Davenport
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MDJD wrote:
RageGoblin wrote:
Unless I have read them incorrectly (totally possible), the rules only say to remove Trog units if they are forced to retreat. We also remove them if they win the territory?


You didn't misread. The rules do not specify that Trog figures are removed in the event they win the territory objective.


This is how we interpreted it as well when I played with a few guys, and without knowing how intense they can be, I was left with a 3 Trog + Nest right outside my HQ, which I never really had time to fight.

It seems a little snowball that you apparently leave the trog units, AND place a Nest token in the event that the Trogs win (which is what we did). Maybe that's how it's supposed to be, but boy is that wildly punishing in the off chance someone gets a couple unlucky tokens.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RageGoblin wrote:
To further clarify:

For two or three players, there should never be Trog miniatures on the map unless they are in a battle region.



Is that correct?


The intent is that the Trog MINIATURES are removed. I'll make sure this is updated in the FAQ.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Martineau
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
True Player for Real
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the replies.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Stewart
United States
Owego
NY
flag msg tools
designer
www.drunkassgames.com
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrohGrant wrote:
RageGoblin wrote:
To further clarify:

For two or three players, there should never be Trog miniatures on the map unless they are in a battle region.



Is that correct?


The intent is that the Trog MINIATURES are removed. I'll make sure this is updated in the FAQ.


This seems to be an errata on the rules? Its pretty clear as written, Trog minis are only removed when retreating. Grant, if you may, can you clarify again on this?

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Martineau
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
True Player for Real
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Glamdryn wrote:
HerrohGrant wrote:
RageGoblin wrote:
To further clarify:

For two or three players, there should never be Trog miniatures on the map unless they are in a battle region.



Is that correct?


The intent is that the Trog MINIATURES are removed. I'll make sure this is updated in the FAQ.


This seems to be an errata on the rules? Its pretty clear as written, Trog minis are only removed when retreating. Grant, if you may, can you clarify again on this?

Thanks!


Yeah, the rulebook is incomplete. There's an official FAQ in the files section that helps fill in many of the holes.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.