Jonathan Leistiko
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Desi and I played the intro version of the game yesterday with the pre-stacked deck setup and two secret cache cards, but with starting characters built according to the normal rules. We won with 4 turns to spare. Normally, I'd say that was too easy a victory but we got two turns from The Doomsday Device, so I'd say that winning an intro-level game with two turns to spare is just about right for playing with "training wheels" on.

The funny thing is: About 1/3rd of the way through yesterday's playtest, I realized I was having fun; I started "falling in love" with TIODN all over again. You might think, "You're the game's designer! You should always have fun playing your game!" Consider this: I've been living, thinking, eating, and breathing this game off and on for the past year-plus. I don't have hobbies any more. Instead, I have a second job – Working on Necreaux. It doesn't matter how much you love your project – That much exposure to it and it'll lose its novelty for you. If you've worked on anything for a long time (home repair, a term paper or thesis, a website, etc.), I'm sure you can empathize with me.

So what brought me back? The art! It's remarkable how much more fun such a seemingly simple addition can make the game. I'm really, really looking forward to when it's ready so share with y'all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No One
United States
Burien
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

I'm looking forward to seeing what you're bringing to the new edition.

I loved the art and theme of the original, though (I'm sorry to admit) I had to make some house rules and remove some cards for smoother game play.

The change to 2d6 for less swings intrigue me, and the hint of expansions stated in the BGG Overview excite me. Good luck with this new edition... I'll certainly be keeping an eye out for its releaase!

~V
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Leistiko
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Veero wrote:
I loved the art and theme of the original, though (I'm sorry to admit) I had to make some house rules and remove some cards for smoother game play.
Wanna know a secret? I have house rules for several cards from the first edition. That may seem weird, but (and you may already know this) publishers often alter the original submitted design. That was true for the first edition of TIoDN. (Note: I'm not griping. I"m grateful to AEG for publishing TIoDN.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.