Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Hartman
United States
Bishopville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, just picked this up at a "not so local" game shop yesterday, while out on a day trip with the family. Had wanted to pre-order it for my daughter, but forgot.

Sooo....

#1 Will the promo cards be available separately, say through the BGG store or otherwise? I would like to get them somehow

#2 If a damage card is placed on a player's board, like one that adds 2 to brake, or another that makes a turn action cost 2 extra points, do those get removed at the end of the turn/round for the next preparation phase?
--If not permanent for the remainder of the race, then if played on a target/player who has already gone, it would have no effect then.

#3 If the Mummy player uses lasso to drag a target closer to them, and that target is one space away (Adjacent), that would cause a collision... do both players then move 1 space forward (so the "target" would move 2 spaces, the initiating/mummy player moving one?). And if the mummy player is then pushed into an obstacle, they don't take more than the 1 damage from the collision, correct? Just do what the obstacle says?

#4 I imagine playing 3 players, the lone wolf would not get to draw one of the special ability "tokens" for their board, if playing the advanced rule?

#5 If a collision pushes the opposing player off the finish line, then that player wins the race, correct?

Enjoyed the game, just these rules questions left us scratching our heads a few times. Found answers to one other (wording issues with damage cards saying "Additional", but we had played it correct to ignore the word "Additional" and just take the damage listed)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Liles
United States
Valparaiso
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bill, I cannot speak to the first question about BGG, but I will answer the other questions. Many of the promo cards wind up on Portal Games' website for purchase otherwise, so you could also check there.

#2 - The damage is permanent for the remainder of the game both the qualifying race and the longer final race.

#3 - When you drag the target one space closer, there will be two possible spaced. In your example, you would move them to a space slightly behind your cart.

#4 - There is not a special ability spot on the lone wolf since the solo ability allows for full planning of each action.

#5 - Yes, the first across the finish line wins the race, even if pushed by an opponent.

I hope this helps.

Don
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Hartman
United States
Bishopville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response, but not sure I get your answer to #3.

Say my opponent, the mummy, used the lasso on me. I am already directly behind them when this happens...does that move me to their space, move them one space forward and give us both one damage (plus the mummy taking obstacle damage from the mummy ending in an obstacle space)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Verret
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I prevent the use of the lasso in that case.
Why ? Because the power-up Rubber Band is basically the same thing and in the back of the rulebook, it says that it doesn't work on adjacent karts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Liles
United States
Valparaiso
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I will use Dan's approach going forward in these situations, it is more logical than I was using.

Mind you, playing as a mummy that doesn't have a brain doesn't give you much room for logic. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this devourer's page.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The promo cards are available right now via the Portal Games website
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.