7 Wonders Duel» Forums » Variants

Subject: Thoughts about discarding rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Xristos Lagogiannis
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmb
What about you must buy a card in order to discard it for 2+ yellow cards gold,and if you dont have the gold or resources to buy a card, you must discard one of yours . What do you think? I am sure some of you have already think about it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Original Thumb #50
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fifini wrote:
What about you must buy a card in order to discard it for 2+ yellow cards gold,and if you dont have the gold or resources to buy a card, you must discard one of yours . What do you think? I am sure some of you have already think about it

What is the motivation behind this change? Is there a problem you are trying to solve?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xristos Lagogiannis
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just thinking. Makes the game even harder I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
(Red-X-ed for movement to Variants forum, since it is a variant proposal, not a rule question.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
lowplayercount.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't seem to have a purpose. The game is as challenging as your opponent is skilled. Doesn't seem like you need to make it more challenging but rather find a more skilled opponent? Or become more skilled yourself?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Adam
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Congratulations. You have just discovered the secret message.
badge
Please send your answer to Old Pink, care of the Funny Farm, Chalfont.
mbmbmbmbmb
There is not much love here for variants that attempt to fix a problem that doesn't exist. Best thing to do is try out your suggestion yourself first a few times and then report back on any perceived benefits of the change, if any. But you won't find many who will test your proposed variant if you haven't tried it out yet yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm sorry but that doesn't look very exciting, nor strategically interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.