Tyson Gajewski
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A view of all of the cards that are in the game organized by groups and with the backs shown down the left side.

The cards are slightly thicker and feel a bit more plastic-y than the original sets. They are also just ever so slightly larger than the originals. Here you can see an original card aligned with a BLBC card underneath.

The components are slightly different too, as seen here with the originals (and expansions) on the left and new BLBC components on the right.

The new coins feel cheaper than the originals. The BLBC ones appear to be pressed layers of white paper versus the original ones being a pressed cardboard material, as seen here with the original on the left and new BLBC coin on the right.

Also note that in the first printing there is a typo on the Stadium card. Here we see the original Stadium card on the left and BLBC card on the right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred LeBlanc
United States
East Kingston
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mb
Very helpful! I have the base game and the harbor expansion, and I'm wondering what it would take to convert my day-time version into this night-time version. I don't suppose you'd make a list of card quantities in BLBC, would you?

(I know that what I'm asking is not a fun time. Feel free to ignore.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyson Gajewski
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
secondparty wrote:
Very helpful! I have the base game and the harbor expansion, and I'm wondering what it would take to convert my day-time version into this night-time version. I don't suppose you'd make a list of card quantities in BLBC, would you?

(I know that what I'm asking is not a fun time. Feel free to ignore.)

There are six (6) cards for each of the main establishments and five (5) each of the starting player cards (including the wheat fields and bakeries that don't have coin values printed on them) and five (5) each of the tower establishment cards (since each player is only allowed to purchase one of each type). Also note that the Radio Tower from the base game has been replaced with the Moon Tower in MK:BLBC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Cormode
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The new coins are horrible. Every single one I got were horribly off center.

Looks like they cheaped out massively. Pathetic. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Eliot
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
There are a few cards which are from the millionaire's row expansion so if you purchase that you can build your own copy of MK:BLBL. Game mechanics are the same except the Moon Tower which utilizes the third die. Personally, I think the Moon Tower is more powerful than the radio tower and prefer the Radio Tower but you could sub in the moon tower with an extra die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amadeu Coelho Fischer Neto
Brazil
Piracicaba
sp
flag msg tools
Can I get my deluxe version and made a custom setup to play like this one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got MK:BLBC and played it over this past weekend.

(We already have the original game and both expansions - but not the deluxe set.)

The coins were cut just fine. Maybe they weren't as thick as in other sets, but they seemed to be perfectly usable.

Similarly, we had no trouble using the cards. They were all the same size and thus easy to shuffle.

It is true that there was a typo in the Stadium card ("all player" instead of "all players), and the rules refer to Loan Office, which does not exist in this version - but we didn't find that that affected the play in any way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Groulx
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Has anyone subbed in the Moon Tower into the first edition? Feedback on how well it works?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daniel baumfeld
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
To be honest, the moon tower seems overpowered. you basically get your pick of 3 different (usually) numbers, as opposed to a reroll that you don't know.

I like a lot of the other changes in bright lights though. Cheaper sushi bars, other establishments that were dependent on the number of landmarks you had built.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.