$20.00
$5.00
$15.00
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fairly sure we're playing these correctly, but it doesn't hurt to check before we go further! They were things we queried early in our first game & noted down to check later so as not to interrupt things! Guess them may come up for other first timers... although they seem clearer having read more since.

1) We assume you can change the turn order each round (saw thread RE: Insanity & Turn Order so this must be right).

2) When you explore & reveal a new tile(s), if there are multiple new doors that are now available to move through into the revealed tile(s), can you choose to use your free voluntary movement to pass through a DIFFERENT door (and potentially into a different space) to the one where you "Explored"? Assuming of course that both doors are adjacent to the space you are in. Our example revealed Hall Corner 1 + Hall End, from the Lobby.
EDIT: Just to clarify, we eventually decided not to allow this in our game, as it felt weird. But note that the instructions the app gives simply say something along the lines of "you may move 1 space into the explored area" (sorry can't remember exact wording), which seemed to leave the option of using another door into the newly-revealed tile(s) (where that other door also had it's explore token removed in the same Explore action).

3-A) Hall Corner 1 + Hall End are placed adjacent to each other in one possible layout for the first scenario. They seem to have grey borders at the meeting point, which we assume join to become one single grey "border" between spaces. Are these two tiles still considered TWO rooms? "Rooms" on pg 15 of the RR indicates that they are separate due to the edges of map tiles between them (even though the border is not yellow), and that each Room has a single name. As opposed to becoming ONE room (the "Hall")? I don't know if/when it will matter... presumably some effects may refer to choosing a room, or affecting all rooms, or something.

3-B) Regardless, Range can still be counted between the two tiles, since there is no wall/door blocking it?

4) Does William Yorick's ability award 1 Clue even if somebody else defeats a monster? ("Whenever a monster is defeated, gain 1 clue" seems pretty clear to me)

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rindfleisch
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the 2nd edition yet, but I'll try to answer to the best of my ability.

1) Yes, you can go in any order each round. The only restriction is that each investigator must complete their turn before someone else can go.

2) I'm going to go with no here (though I could be wrong). My reason being is because the "Explore" is the equivalent of peeking through a specific doorway. Whether you choose to go through that doorway or not after peeking in is your choice, but the option to move should be related to the door you explored through, even if the room on the other side connects to another door in your space.... assuming I understand your question properly.

3a) Yes, they are considered two different rooms (different tiles are always different rooms, even if they form a single hall). Since they differentiate Hall Corner 1 and Hall end, they are separate. In first edition there were things that would affect a room, or handful of rooms.

3b) Range can still be counted, as you stated, because there is no wall or doorway separating the hall.

4) That seems correct to me since it doesn't say "when HE defeats a monster". Makes sense as the gravedigger, having monsters to dispose of probably contributes to some clues for him
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Yeah I should have mentioned we didn't allow going through a different door on (2) as it seemed weird, even thought strict reading says you may move 1 space into the explored area or something like that, not specifying through the explored door.

And 4... yeah, of course, dead body + grave digger = Clues

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes, you can.

2. No. You must enter through the door you just explored. It is not just a free move; it is a free move specifically to enter the room you just discovered.

3a. In my opinion, they are a single room. Rooms are separated by walls or yellow borders. These borders are grey, thus it is 1 room, spread over multiple tiles. They are multiple rooms.

3b. Yes, range can still be counted.

4. Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vardaine wrote:
2. No. You must enter through the door you just explored. It is not just a free move; it is a free move specifically to enter the room you just discovered.

As I added in my follow-up post (will edit OP), we did eventually agree with this decision in our game, as it felt weird to allow anything else. But note that the instructions the app gave simply said something along the lines of "you may move 1 space into the explored area", which seemed to leave the option of using another door into the newly-revealed tile(s) (where that other door also had it's explore token removed in the same Explore action).

Vardaine wrote:
3a. In my opinion, they are a single room. Rooms are separated by walls or yellow borders. These borders are grey, thus it is 1 room, spread over multiple tiles.

That was our first thought, although the Rules Reference does say under "Room" that the edges of tiles also separate spaces into distinct rooms, which led us to believe they would still be 2 rooms if the question came up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pudsy wrote:
Vardaine wrote:
3a. In my opinion, they are a single room. Rooms are separated by walls or yellow borders. These borders are grey, thus it is 1 room, spread over multiple tiles.

That was our first thought, although the Rules Reference does say under "Room" that the edges of tiles also separate spaces into distinct rooms, which led us to believe they would still be 2 rooms if the question came up.

Just checked the rules reference and it turns out that you are right. I will edit my answer above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.