Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Salinas
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
Man Vs Meeple
mbmbmbmbmb
Beware all, the player screen in the game released at GenCon is severely Miscut. I will tweet this out to Ares. Hopefully they will replace them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for following up with Ares. We're playing it now and having some difficulty due to the miscut maniac screen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan King (The Game Boy Geek)
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I showed this to them at their booth and they weren't aware of the issue at the time. But they are getting it fixed before the mass production ones get finished, and people who bought it at Gencon will be able to get a replacement screen through their customer service after the main printing is finished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PlumpyThimble
United States
Lynden
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the screen serve any purpose other than hiding the moves out the maniac? I saw the picture of you (Dan) peeking through that hole at the top of the screen and couldn't figure out if that was a mechanic or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chase Williams
United States
Spring Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Help me here. We played ours and don't see any issues. What is miscut?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mayer
United States
Perry
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just checked mine and it was not miscut either. So I think it was just an issue with some of the screens.

igotdvds wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan King (The Game Boy Geek)
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The part where you write your moves on the paper through the bottom of the shield was cut wrong. The single hole for move 0 is on the right, but the printing of the blood splats and the move numbers are as if it was cu correct. So nothing printed on there lines up with the holes. SO you pretty much need to write your moves in left to right backwards and disregard all the printing on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chase Williams
United States
Spring Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dkingnu wrote:
The part where you write your moves on the paper through the bottom of the shield was cut wrong. The single hole for move 0 is on the right, but the printing of the blood splats and the move numbers are as if it was cu correct. So nothing printed on there lines up with the holes. SO you pretty much need to write your moves in left to right backwards and disregard all the printing on it.

Ha! Saw that and just disregarded as if I didn't understand the layout. But mine is wrong as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Vargo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to a corrected screen as well, got one of the miscut ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Vargo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Received a great reply from Ares customer service a mere minutes after I sent them a request. Wonderful service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
endless dreamer
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
igotdvds wrote:

This is what a correct Maniac tracking screen would look like. If cut correctly the single hole would be to the very left. Mine does not look like this, and is cut backwards (the single hole is on the right, instead). I created this image to show what the correct cut would look like. Hope this helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
I hate the track. Hate, hate, HATE.

I'd have much rather had a tearpad like Letters to Whitechapel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
mb
Makes me wonder...do game makers do a final "play through" of the the game that comes from the manufacturer before releasing games? Seems like something like this would be caught easily enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lowden025 wrote:
Makes me wonder...do game makers do a final "play through" of the the game that comes from the manufacturer before releasing games? Seems like something like this would be caught easily enough.

Not 100% sure, but I've backed over 100 Kickstarter projects and most of them send updates when they received samples of everything which they have to approve before it gets printed in quantity.

I would think this process applies to most games but that's just a guess (so yes, I would have assume this would have been caught when they gave their approval to start mass production)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Petyo

Chico
California
msg tools
Yep, just played my gencon version and sure enough the maniac screen is cut wrong. Ack! I emailed Ares but haven't heard back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Bieri
United States
Johnson Creek
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dkingnu wrote:
I showed this to them at their booth and they weren't aware of the issue at the time. But they are getting it fixed before the mass production ones get finished, and people who bought it at Gencon will be able to get a replacement screen through their customer service after the main printing is finished.

I wonder if the pre-order I got with CoolStuffInc will be the first print run with mistake too then or if only the few at GenCon will have this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Vargo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my new screen yesterday, was delivered by UPS outside... the only day it rained in Las Vegas in the last 4 months! cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.