Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Michaud
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(Thanks for hanging in there...the episode is finally out! Enjoy.)

We engage in VCR espionage as we play SpyQuest from 1994! Players first watch one of three thrilling thirty-minute "spy movies," then race across the globe to collect clues, survive interrogation, and avoid sabotage in order to discover the secret location. Does this game make players feel like a secret agent, or does it make them feel like they need an aspirin? FTT investigates.

http://tableflipsyou.blogspot.com/2016/08/episode-95-spyques...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chance Rushing
United States
Amarillo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, was wondering if this was ever going to happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Weddle
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great episode. I kept waiting for you guys to mention playing the McDonalds game in the McDonalds. Missed opportunity? Perhaps planning it for next year? I just went back and listened to the McDonalds episode....so funny. This one was hilarious as well. Thanks for slogging through such games and sharing your experiences, good and bad...mostly bad, with us. I was looking through your history and somehow miss you guys playing the Star Wars interactive video game in episode 61. Time to go listen to some missed episodes. Thanks again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Miller
United Kingdom
Newport
Gwent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just as a heads up since it came up during the Battle of Wits - Count Duckula and Dangermouse didn't cross over. Count Duckula was a Dangermouse spinoff (That ended it's run before Dangermouse). It, in turn, had a spinoff, Victor and Hugo (Which also ended it's run before Duckula). I'm not sure if the at least once per season Duckula episode of Dangermouse countinued after Duckula's own series started.

...What makes this weirder is that the Dangermouse universe is all talking animals (and I think regular sized humans), Duckula universe is all birds, and the Victor and Hugo universe is all human (And the characters were called Gaston and Pierre in Duckula)... And all of them star David Jason as the titular/one of the titular characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Dewey
United States
Broken Arrow
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One game I've found does a great job of capturing the spy feel and have a story go along with it is Agents of SMERSH. Plus, no annoying video. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.