5 Posts

Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can't find a certain rule/effect rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerry J
msg tools
Hello,

One thing's been driving me crazy for the past few days - I'm almost positive there is an occurence in MK which lets you choose an Advanced Action almost like during level up. The difference, I believe, is that the player's allowed to choose between taking a card from the AA offer, or picking the top card from the AA deck - without looking at it beforehand. I've been searching the forums in vain for a mention of this, so I have to ask it straight - am I right and such a situation (or similar) does happen sometimes (when?), or is it something I'm imagining (hope not)?

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jerryj wrote:
Hello,

One thing's been driving me crazy for the past few days - I'm almost positive there is an occurence in MK which lets you choose an Advanced Action almost like during level up. The difference, I believe, is that the player's allowed to choose between taking a card from the AA offer, or picking the top card from the AA deck - without looking at it beforehand. I've been searching the forums in vain for a mention of this, so I have to ask it straight - am I right and such a situation (or similar) does happen sometimes (when?), or is it something I'm imagining (hope not)?

Thanks in advance

can't remember anything like that but there is the AA "learning" that let's you choose from the AA offer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksander Zav
Ukraine
Kharkov
Kharkov
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe it have been mixed up in your memory: you actually have somewhat resembling choice while gaining skill: you pick either from two drawn skills or from discarded ones (in that case you don't choose Action Card, but take the bottom one from the offer, not deck).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
jerryj wrote:
One thing's been driving me crazy for the past few days - I'm almost positive there is an occurence in MK which lets you choose an Advanced Action almost like during level up. The difference, I believe, is that the player's allowed to choose between taking a card from the AA offer, or picking the top card from the AA deck - without looking at it beforehand.

You're thinking of the bonus for the Green city after it's conquered. For 6 Influence when interacting there you can do what you describe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Kneipp
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
jsciv wrote:
jerryj wrote:
One thing's been driving me crazy for the past few days - I'm almost positive there is an occurence in MK which lets you choose an Advanced Action almost like during level up. The difference, I believe, is that the player's allowed to choose between taking a card from the AA offer, or picking the top card from the AA deck - without looking at it beforehand.

You're thinking of the bonus for the Green city after it's conquered. For 6 Influence when interacting there you can do what you describe.

Base rules... Page 7... "Interacting with Locals" section... Rule 4e, Bullet 4 (third column)... "In the Green city, you may pay 6 Influence points to gain a card from the Advanced Action offer (replenish the offer after) or a random card from the top of the Advanced Action deck. Put the gained card on top of your Deed deck."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.