Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmb
Can you go to https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekaccount/edit/geekbadge and then make all of the boxes blank?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oriecat wrote:
Can you go to https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekaccount/edit/geekbadge and then make all of the boxes blank?

Tried that. Just leaves a blank line. I found a thread from two years ago that says even using a transparent gif doesn't work.

Hoping someone has updated / added this feature.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Looks like the forum background color is f5f5ff, you could try setting all colors to that, but you would still have the gap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oriecat wrote:
Looks like the forum background color is f5f5ff, you could try setting all colors to that, but you would still have the gap.

Looks like it automatically puts in the border.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
That's weird. Why would it give you the option for border colors if it's going to use something else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oriecat wrote:
That's weird. Why would it give you the option for border colors if it's going to use something else.

Hmmm... Looks like you MUST set the border color to f5f5ff otherwise it sets it to black.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
And now you need to set GeekBadge Overtext to "This is not the geekbadge you're looking for"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seriously though... any way to remove the GeekBadge?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
veector wrote:
Seriously though... any way to remove the GeekBadge?

I am interested in knowing this too, although I don't think there is. I bought it not fully understanding how it worked and wish it was something that could be turned off and on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Monnat Jr
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Hourglass Realm D&D 5e Play by Forum (PbF) Campaign DM (we'd love to have you join us!)
badge
U.S.S. Tautog (SSN 639) doing an emergency blow with me on it (see profile for details)
mbmbmbmbmb
Tahsin, I don't see your GeekBadge. Were you successful, or are you trying to get rid of the gap?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeorgeMo wrote:
Tahsin, I don't see your GeekBadge. Were you successful, or are you trying to get rid of the gap?

No, I wasn't successful. Apparently, when you purchase it, the space above your avatar is reserved for it, no matter what you do. I have set all colors associated with the badge to the color mentioned above. This makes it look like there is no badge but the space remains.

Hoping an Admin will chime in here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Monnat Jr
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Hourglass Realm D&D 5e Play by Forum (PbF) Campaign DM (we'd love to have you join us!)
badge
U.S.S. Tautog (SSN 639) doing an emergency blow with me on it (see profile for details)
mbmbmbmbmb
You could make it the same color as your avatar and just extend your avatar, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly (Gastonia / Charlotte)
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I searched through the forums, and could only find suggestions for contacting an admin, such as Octavian, to ask about this. It does seem that it is either on or off, and cannot be switched on the fly by the user. As far as I can tell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoya wrote:
I searched through the forums, and could only find suggestions for contacting an admin, such as Octavian, to ask about this. It does seem that it is either on or off, and cannot be switched on the fly by the user. As far as I can tell.

I'm hoping with the website re-design that will change.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.