Cameron Gibson
United States
albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you use the Amazon App store to download Hay Day for the first time on Amazon's App store, you will receive an email 24-48hrs later with a $10 credit towards an App, Game, or in App Purchase. Apparently some people get lucky and receive $25 (I only got $10 and got it about 12hrs after I installed the App). You dont have to play the game, just install it.

Reason I'm posting it here is, you can use it toward a board game app.(I used it to get Castles of Mad King Ludwig)

Here is a link to the disclaimers

I have played Hay Day before, but not through the Amazon App store. So it can still work for you, if you also played it before without the Amazon App Store.

The email "Thank you for your download of Hay Day from the Amazon Appstore. Your $10 Amazon Appstore credit has been added to your account and will expire in 30 days. This credit is usable towards your next purchase of an app, game, or in-app purchase sold by Amazon.com."

To check if you received the App Credit click here

This part is highly questionable, but I tested it and it works. When you buy the app it straight up says $6.99(price of game) buy with 1 click. No option for use promotional credit. Just click buy it will automatically pull from the credit, unless over the $10.

My purchase:
Item Subtotal: $6.99
Promotions: -$6.99
Total Before Tax: $0.00
Tax Collected: $0.00
Grand Total: $0.00

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW, I did this and got no credit so YMMV

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
An-Jen Tai
United States
Palmyra
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My credit showed up about 24 hrs after the purchase... So if you made the buy just now, it'll show up tomorrow...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Smithwick
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It worked for me. Clicked on it through the link I saw a couple says ago. For those interested, it did take about a day after playing in order to get the credit and I played the game for about 5 minutes (don't just start it up and close the game out ... play for a few minutes to be safe).

I have never played it and did download the game through the Amazon app as well so try that if it isn't working and you have not played the game before.

Any suggestions for a game app under $10?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
donovan loving
United States
Elgin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
So much to play
mbmbmbmbmb
Orion328 wrote:
It worked for me. Clicked on it through the link I saw a couple says ago. For those interested, it did take about a day after playing in order to get the credit and I played the game for about 5 minutes (don't just start it up and close the game out ... play for a few minutes to be safe).

I have never played it and did download the game through the Amazon app as well so try that if it isn't working and you have not played the game before.

I picked up Sentinels of the Multiverse, which was on sale for 3, and Castles of Mad King Ludwig. Haven't played Castles yet, but Sentinels plays just like the card game. I also own (and which are available on Amazon appstore, I think):

Suburbia, like it a lot, a couple faults, but minor
Alhambra, (i think on sale on Amazon) many hate it on the phone sized screen, but on tablet it is good
Steam, not a fan, but it plays like the board game
Smallworld 2, don't play it a lot, but it is a nice Risk sub
Pandemic, REALLY good on tablet, pretty good on a big phone
Tsuro, enjoyable peaceful and my wife loves it
Talisman, (on sale there for 3.03 I think) roll and move stuff, but still pretty challenging and fun
Kingdom Builder, have not yet spent a lot of time, but it's Vaccarino, so I expect it to be pretty good.
Splendor, plays like the tabletop
Carcassonne, Enjoyable
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drutt
msg tools
mbmb
Orion328 wrote:

I'd suggest the Prime Dice D&D Pro app. It's one of the better Android dice rolling apps, as it allows you to easily create custom dice for any board game you like (and can greatly enhance their portability).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nowak
United States
Greenville
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
You have paid retail for the last time.
badge
The human race, to which so many of my readers belong, has been playing at children's games from the beginning, and will probably do it till the end, which is a nuisance for the few people who grow up. - GKC
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't have to play it. Took about 24 hours for me after ordering. Some have reported 48 hours.

Good for Hearthstone too, especially with the new adventure coming out this week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
overtheboard wrote:
You don't have to play it. Took about 24 hours for me after ordering. Some have reported 48 hours.

Good for Hearthstone too, especially with the new adventure coming out this week.

how do you spend the money on hearthstone? can you get coins with it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3wgames wrote:
FWIW, I did this and got no credit so YMMV

How long ago did you do it? It took 2.5 days before my credit showed up.

Now if only I can get Sentinels of the Multiverse to actually install. Currently's it's just stuck on "Install Pending" and won't do anything. The Amazon app store sucks, no wonder why they have to give away credit to get people to use it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maui Chris
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
Valentino Rossi Fan
badge
get this ball
mbmbmbmbmb
got my credit about 10 hrs later

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fuhrmann
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ir1337 wrote:
Orion328 wrote:

I picked up Sentinels of the Multiverse, which was on sale for 3, and Castles of Mad King Ludwig. Haven't played Castles yet, but Sentinels plays just like the card game. I also own (and which are available on Amazon appstore, I think):

Alhambra, (i think on sale on Amazon) many hate it on the phone sized screen, but on tablet it is good
Talisman, (on sale there for 3.03 I think) roll and move stuff, but still pretty challenging and fun
Kingdom Builder, have not yet spent a lot of time, but it's Vaccarino, so I expect it to be pretty good.
Carcassonne, Enjoyable

Also Ticket to Ride

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
donovan loving
United States
Elgin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
So much to play
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamemanue wrote:
ir1337 wrote:
Orion328 wrote:

Carcassonne, Enjoyable

Also Ticket to Ride

Never heard of it ;-) I think that's the first digital board game I owned. And it's really good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It took almost two days for me to be credited but it come through.

The implementation of Castles of Mad King Ludwig is quite good and I'd recommend it. I'd also throw in Brass. Elder Sign: Omens has a really slick presentation and some neat differences from the board game if the randomness of dice chucking is your thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simetra
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
scifiantihero wrote:
overtheboard wrote:

how do you spend the money on hearthstone? can you get coins with it?

I'm also curious how to spend this toward Hearthstone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drutt
msg tools
mbmb
I'd also thoroughly recommend Elder Sign: Omens ($3.99) and/or Galaxy Trucker ($4.99), both of which are among the best Android board game conversions available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dianna
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I now have an Amazon Fire, a promotion like this last year worked while all I had was the Amazon Fire TV stick. You'll need to buy it via the website and it'll complain you don't have an eligible device but it did work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Look to the past, learn for the future.
badge
Early August, APM/Stroke on the right side of my brain. Getting better quick! Board games help.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all!
Just picked up a few for my new Fire.
Splendor, Hey, That's My Fish!, and Zombie in my Pocket

That be some sweet action for free ($10 credit).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks OP, I got TTR and SotM, all for the price of free!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.