Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So we've played our first game of Risk: Europe now, and whilst I don't want to write enough to constitute a full review, I do want to say that we had an excellent time. It's such a great game - much better than I thought it would be, given my thoughts on the original Risk, which in the end, this really has very little in common with.

I really liked the way the game ebbed and flowed - no one was ever really out of the running. Armies could be conjured seemingly from nowhere to defend an incursion. The turns were all really fast and the game had a great tempo. Even to the extent that we ended up playing for nearly three hours and my wife, who isn't one for long games, was totally engaged right to the end.

We'll definitely be playing this one again. And I'm definitely getting rid of plain Risk.

Oh yeah, and my fears of not being sure which army was the attacker and which the defender were pretty much unfounded. There aren't so many fights going on at the end of each round that you forget who started what, to be honest. And resolving them all one at a time was also fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Belli
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you just cost me $50.

Looks like an extremely cool version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Apologies, my friend, but I don't think you'll regret it. For me, it's the game I always wanted Risk to be, but wasn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree. This is a great game. It takes the basics of the game of risk and bring it into modern gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Rosenberg
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally agree with the above sentiments.

It is a wonderful game! Interesting decisions, almost no down-time, lots of ways to recover after a stumble, small number of battles, each of which feels consequential.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pepe Carrillo
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pete belli wrote:
I think you just cost me $50.

Looks like an extremely cool version.

Pete, if you're an Amazon prime member it will cost you $44.xx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bretsch
United States
University City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Target for $39.99
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.