Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Wilmer
United Kingdom
Brandon
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EDIT: I've been informed that there has been a delay in production for the fellowship event and event packs are unlikely to be available for the planned weekend (November 12th/13th) (at least in the UK). More details when I know more.

EDIT2: Seems the event packs have arrived. Events are being rescheduled.

Hi all,

I was looking for anyone running a LOTR Fellowship 2016 event (Siege of Annuminas) and so far these are the ones I'm aware of in the UK:

Beanie Games (Stockton): Link Running 18th Dec 2016

IQ Gaming (Huddersfield): Saturday(booking), Sunday (booking)

The Games Shop Aldershot (Aldershot):Link

Patriot Games Sheffield (link pending when announced)

If anyone knows of any FLGS running the event anywhere in the UK do let me know and I'll keep updating this post.

EDIT: I've booked into the Beanie event! See anyone going there!

Thanks

Dan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brooks
United Kingdom
South Woodham Ferrers
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmb
There was a group on Facebook called rangers of the north that were looking at organising events last year.

I don't know where they were based exactly but it was northern England
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wilmer
United Kingdom
Brandon
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks John,

There is a closed 'Rangers of the North East' facebook group for the SBG but nothing specifically related to the LCG.

Searching for FLGS last year quickly I can only see IQ gaming in Huddersfield and Dark Sphere in London that was running an event in 2015.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I subscribed to this thread last night to see what pops up. At the moment I'm living in Leicester but I might be living somewhere else in a few months, depending on work, which makes things complicated. In any case, a list of places in the UK hosting the event will be good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim . K
United Kingdom
Southend-on-Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
cornishlee wrote:
I subscribed to this thread last night to see what pops up. At the moment I'm living in Leicester but I might be living somewhere else in a few months, depending on work, which makes things complicated. In any case, a list of places in the UK hosting the event will be good.

I've also subscribed,in the hope that something might emerge, or, something else might get discovered with an interest for those in Essex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben O'Steen
United Kingdom
Bishops Stortford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark Sphere in London ran one for the Murder in the Prancing Pony event. Pretty undersubscribed in my opinion. There was about 6 of us, surrounded by a miniatures (Warmachine?) tournament going on. Everyone got a full set (game, promo art cards, placemat) but I'm not entirely sure how happy Dark Sphere were with turnout. No idea if they are going to do it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Say
England
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Although being very very new to LOTR I have subscribed as well...would be interesting to meet others who play the game from whom I can learn as my gaming group are not interested in this game and all I have is solo play thus far.

West Essex location so happy to mooch around the SE to go to an event if one is being organised.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Barnhouse
United Kingdom
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've registered for the event at The Games Shop in Aldershot.

Thanks for starting this thread, Daniel!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark williams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I suppose that's why it appeals so much to the solo gamers like myself.I live in East Yorks and although there are a couple of excellent shops in Hull, they cater mostly for magic and Warhammer type stuff.It would be fun to attend one of these events I suppose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hartley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Beanie Games in Stockton got 12 players for Prancing Pony last year, so hopefully they'll be up for it. My son and I'd certainly go again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wilmer
United Kingdom
Brandon
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Andrew, they have announced it on their website so linked it above! Certainly the closest to me

IQ gaming also just got back to me, they are running it across 2 full days!

Then found The Gameshop Altershot searching Facebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
SolarJ wrote:
Thanks Andrew, they have announced it on their website so linked it above! Certainly the closest to me

If only we hadn't moved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren W
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Patriot Games in Sheffield are also planning on one or more events this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghost Cat wrote:

Now that's interesting. There's a small chance I could be moving back to Sheff. I've got a job application in there now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wilmer
United Kingdom
Brandon
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Prior to anyone attending the events this year, any deck planning going on.

Was thinking of running dwarf deck, possible leadership/tactics, but thought I'd check out what others were thinking? Will be bringing two decks and a small sideboard just for flexibility, was not planning to lug my whole collection around though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cornishlee wrote:
Ghost Cat wrote:

Now that's interesting. There's a small chance I could be moving back to Sheff. I've got a job application in there now.

Turns out I'm actually moving to Oxford.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.