Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Scholes
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a full set of 1st edition components, so I was wondering is it worth throwing them into the mix straight away, or to play a couple of games with just the 2nd edition components to get the feel of the game?

The second question doesn't directly affect me as I have the 1st edxition but I am curious. Some time ago I bought a full set of Arkham Horror pre-painted investigators, if I just had these would it be possible to integrate them into thne game without using the tiles and monsters from the 1st edition or would the app not allow that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Arnone
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
keitharchaeologist wrote:
I have a full ser of 1st edition components, so I was wondering is it worth throwing them into the mix straight away, or to play a couple of games with just the 2nd edition components to get the feel of the game?

The second question doesn't directly affect me as I have the 1st edxition but I am curious. Some time ago I bought a full set of Arkham Horror pre-painted investigators, if I just had these would it be possible to integrate them into thne game without using the tiles and monsters from the 1st edition or would the app not allow that?

1st question--doesn't really matter. Playing once without them just means less tiles or monsters to sort through, honestly. I'd just toss them all in right away. (Having played one game myself)

Second question--nope. It's all or nothing for an expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
InkSplat wrote:
I have a full ser of 1st edition components, so I was wondering is it worth throwing them into the mix straight away, or to play a couple of games with just the 2nd edition components to get the feel of the game?

1st question--doesn't really matter. Playing once without them just means less tiles or monsters to sort through, honestly. I'd just toss them all in right away. (Having played one game myself)

I agree with Scott. Including 1st edition seems to add variety without adding complexity so there really isn't a need to get a feel for the game before throwing it in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
thebaker1983 wrote:
InkSplat wrote:

I agree with Scott. Including 1st edition seems to add variety without adding complexity so there really isn't a need to get a feel for the game before throwing it in.

Thirded. There's nothing different about the 1st Ed stuff that requires to to "get used to" the game first, so just add it straight away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Colm
msg tools
mbmb
The only reason to play with only second edition first is if you are INTP like myself and you simply have to see the game as designed for 2nd edition before you compare the game with 1st edition integrated so as to get a full understanding of the scenario's design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Board Game
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Would it be possible to play with just 1st edition stuff. Basically, what I'm asking is, can you use the app with the 1st edition stuff and use the 2nd edition rules?

I'd rather not buy a $100 game to replace the same $100 game if at all possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce
msg tools
badge
debiant wrote:
Would it be possible to play with just 1st edition stuff. Basically, what I'm asking is, can you use the app with the 1st edition stuff and use the 2nd edition rules?

I'd rather not buy a $100 game to replace the same $100 game if at all possible.

No. Everything other than models and room tiles is different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.