$30.00
Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Update note about newly added content rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice little tidbit for us that have some of the promo figures that are just now getting content added for them...

Quote:
Beyond the Wall, White Speaker (the kickstarter gift) and Allison the Twilight Knight had a new production run and I added some game content to their boxes. We will be putting a little card pack together for their content, for people that already have the figure.


This is from Adam's newsletter.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Pooler
31322
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Olvenskol wrote:
Very nice little tidbit for us that have some of the promo figures that are just now getting content added for them...

Quote:
Beyond the Wall, White Speaker (the kickstarter gift) and Allison the Twilight Knight had a new production run and I added some game content to their boxes. We will be putting a little card pack together for their content, for people that already have the figure.


This is from Adam's newsletter.



Which there was a pack for all the new cards. I want the content, I already have enough figures.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand pushing models with rules, but do wish that there was a better ratio, there.

Also, I wasn't really impressed by the new Aya nor the new twilight knight... realized I was only considering them for their cards and felt the models weren't all that exciting.

The promo content's certainly not much of a bang for your buck, so I only bought the ones I like the models for, too.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Yeah, I almost wish he would keep actual expansions as a separate business from the the one off models they sell in resin and such.

Plus, I fear buying any of these items as it may become a part of a bigger expansions down the line....
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, completely understand recycling minis, but it does make me hesitant to buy anything in resin. I've gone down to only getting resin models that I don't think would look as good in plastic, like the DBK and whichever one with the scythe, since I'd still want the delicate detail version.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen Man
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Olvenskol wrote:
Very nice little tidbit for us that have some of the promo figures that are just now getting content added for them...

Quote:
Beyond the Wall, White Speaker (the kickstarter gift) and Allison the Twilight Knight had a new production run and I added some game content to their boxes. We will be putting a little card pack together for their content, for people that already have the figure.


This is from Adam's newsletter.



Are these sort of cards really worth it or just stupid little 4th wall breaking holiday type of cards that are "just for fun?"

Stupid question I know.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
Zenman12 wrote:
Olvenskol wrote:
Very nice little tidbit for us that have some of the promo figures that are just now getting content added for them...

Quote:
Beyond the Wall, White Speaker (the kickstarter gift) and Allison the Twilight Knight had a new production run and I added some game content to their boxes. We will be putting a little card pack together for their content, for people that already have the figure.


This is from Adam's newsletter.



Are these sort of cards really worth it or just stupid little 4th wall breaking holiday type of cards that are "just for fun?"

Stupid question I know.


I don't know, but I wouldn't expect anything serious. Still, it's nice that we won't have to rebuy figures just to get a tiny amount of cards (for those that have the earlier versions).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
spiralingcadaver wrote:
Yeah, completely understand recycling minis, but it does make me hesitant to buy anything in resin. I've gone down to only getting resin models that I don't think would look as good in plastic, like the DBK and whichever one with the scythe, since I'd still want the delicate detail version.


I loved the male resin worshipper of the storm model recently released in resin, but since we have already seen a plastic storm knight sprue I thought there was no way it wouldn't make it to plastic in an expansion and held off buying. I do somewhat regret it but its fair bit of money when you include shipping for something that should eventually have a plastic version with rules.

@Zenman and Olvenskol, there are plenty of photos of all the miniatures and cards floating around you can read the rules now and decide whether you want to buy them. I'm personally only going for 3 that I like most.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Olds
United States
OREM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have friends with pokemon syndrom, but I will just pick up the minis I love and the rules that come with are just icing.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Smith
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
spiralingcadaver wrote:
I understand pushing models with rules, but do wish that there was a better ratio, there.

Also, I wasn't really impressed by the new Aya nor the new twilight knight... realized I was only considering them for their cards and felt the models weren't all that exciting.

The promo content's certainly not much of a bang for your buck, so I only bought the ones I like the models for, too.


The new game content, especially the hunt events, are tempting to me. $25 survivor figures aren't that enticing when I have sprues of unbuilt armor kits on my to-do list. The solo mini sales make sense when they are resin/collectible, but seem a bit of a stretch when they are made for the game. That said, I am weak and want them all...

If the 1.4/reprint is a kickstarter, the solo mini's and smaller game content may be offered as add-ons with a discount. I wonder if it would be worth the gamble of waiting for the KS to buy some of the new Gencon stuff?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.