Subject: Nam Leader rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gustavo Jornet
Spain
Valencia
Comunidad Valenciana
flag msg tools
The sword is the mind. If the mind is right, the sword is right.
mbmbmb
Hello everyone

Anyone knows how to get the Nam Leader variant or has some information about it?

Regards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Massey
United States
Teachey
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Casual wargamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be interested in it too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Kochan
msg tools
mb
Hello...

Found this link...

https://www.nobleknight.com/ProductDetail.asp_Q_ProductID_E_..._

Other than basic info on the publisher and such, there's not much there.

I'll keep looking, post any info here.

Dennis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Jornet
Spain
Valencia
Comunidad Valenciana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes, that's right, but no mention if it was published in a magazine or so. I suppose it didn't because NKG would note that.

So it seems it was a fan independent publication by someone who liked the system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Banta
United States
Coffeyville
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have found two of them on ebay when I went to games under the toys category I searched panzer leader and they come up along with some of the others that wild bill did. Like a custers last stand, one on cuba and acouple of enduring freedom and also one on black hawk down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Kochan
msg tools
mb
Hello..

Links please!

Dennis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Ramos
United States
Nolensville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it's worth, I see these are by "Wild Bill Wilder" who seems to create a lot of self published variants and then sell them on ebay as collectible or rare, charging a lot of money for them the process.

I personally have bought nothing from his enterprise but I am familiar with his products via the ASL desperation morale website run by Mark Pitcavage.

I realize the OP was for PanzerBlitz, but regardless, I would steer clear of anything "Wild Bill" produces based on product feedback from the www.desperationmorale.com. From the site:

About the Publisher
"Wild" Bill Wilder is a wargamer who turned to computer wargames and designed scenarios for a variety of tactical computer wargame systems. He also wrote amateur history articles.

First to Fight Variants--which is essentially Tom Tietz, an individual from Villa Park, Illinois, who only sells on E-bay--is one of several enterprises that have appeared since 1998, the year of the demise of Avalon Hill, that sell "variant" countersheets, rules, and other supplements for Avalon Hill products. Most of these "variants" are reproductions of items that originally appeared in the pages of Avalon Hill's The General Magazine, or from other wargaming magazines, and the sellers do not have the actual rights to reproduce the copyrighted materials. Instead, they gamble that Hasbro or other entities that actually own the rights to the intellectual property in question will not pursue them legally.

In 2008-2009, Bill Wilder and First to Fight teamed to create a planned series of 5 "variants" for ASL, three of which would be Vietnam-related and two of which would be Korea-related. Selling copies on E-bay one at a time to extreme-completist collectors would maximize the amount of money they could extract from ASLers with these products. Apparently, the trick worked, because in 2009 a large number of additional hastily created "products" began to appear on E-bay.

CONSUMER ALERT: These products, which are typically available only for high prices on E-bay, are of extremely poor quality and most ASLers would find them more or less unusable. There appears to have been little to no proofreading, rules development or playtesting. It is not even clear to what extent the creator has even played ASL. See the review of One Wild Ride for a more extended look at one of these products. THESE ARE VERY POOR PRODUCTS; BUYER BEWARE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Jornet
Spain
Valencia
Comunidad Valenciana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That's an answer... Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert McConnell
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Armored Combat: It's all about position and getting the first shot.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's rather a shame as Bill Wilder created a number of scenarios for Steel Panthers: World at War (I believe), which were quite good. That is a game waiting for some PanzerBlitz and Panzer Leader scenarios, but it is not something I have tried to modify.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.