$35.00
Shay Moore
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Since the Road to Legend App doesn't let you track how many enemies you have killed, and only what group of enemies you have killed, we have run into an issue where it tells us to spawn another of a given enemy type and we don't have any more minis to put out as they are all spawned.

So is there a spawn limit? If so, is said limit simply the number of minis available in the box?

I have only seen answers to this in the regular game, and I know some rules are different in the RTL app, though I couldn't find anything addressing it specifically. So...here I am!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You must always respect group limits according to the number of players. If they're already on the board, you don't spawn more of them. Always priorize spawning a master, if you can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have another question related to spawning. We had a peril event that instructed us to "place a cave spider adjacent to each hero."

This is confusing because the app usually says to place a "group" when monsters spawn, but the word "group" is not included in these particular instructions. It doesn't say whether the master should be included or anything else. So...what is the correct thing to do?

Do we place the whole group? Just the minions? There are four minion cave spider figure and we had four heroes, so we just used the minions.

If there is not an empty space next to each hero, do we ignore those heroes? This was the case for us, so we placed as close as we could to the hero that didn't have an adjacent empty space.

My main question is whether we should have placed the whole group even though the word "group" wasn't used in the instructions like it usually is when the app wants you to place monsters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thiago k
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
csouth154 wrote:
I have another question related to spawning. We had a peril event that instructed us to "place a cave spider adjacent to each hero."

This is confusing because the app usually says to place a "group" when monsters spawn, but the word "group" is not included in these particular instructions. It doesn't say whether the master should be included or anything else. So...what is the correct thing to do?

Do we place the whole group? Just the minions? There are four minion cave spider figure and we had four heroes, so we just used the minions.

If there is not an empty space next to each hero, do we ignore those heroes? This was the case for us, so we placed as close as we could to the hero that didn't have an adjacent empty space.

My main question is whether we should have placed the whole group even though the word "group" wasn't used in the instructions like it usually is when the app wants you to place monsters.

Cave spiders has 5 miniatures for a 4 hero's group limit.

Peril:
One for each hero. If you don't have a adjacent space, ignore the hero. Following the RTL rules in this case, if the master count in the group limit, place first. Don't remember if this peril instruct to ignore group limit, but if the peril continues spawning spiders on the next rounds in your case, the limit is the miniature numbers.

From RTL rules:
"When placing monsters (either directly or in a
highlighted space), players need to keep in mind
the following:
• Always respect group limits unless the app specifies to ignore them.
• Always try to place master monsters first if they aren’t already at their
group limit. If masters are at their group limit, place minions instead."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kallan Greybe
msg tools
The app will tell you if you need to place the whole group so you do not need to in this case. Also, when placing monsters, always place a master monster if you have one available and you have not reached the group limit for your player count. Otherwise, place a minion.

In your case therefore you would not place the whole group. You would however:

- Check how many master spiders you have on the board.

- If the master spider is already on the board, you place one minion spider next to each hero until you reach the group limit.

- If there are no master spiders on the board, place your master spider next to a hero. Because this would put you at the master group limit for four players (1), you would then place minion spiders until you'd placed one spider next to each hero. This would leave you with one master spider and up to three minion spiders on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shay Moore
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
kraisto wrote:
If masters are at their group limit, place minions instead."

We only have the base game and one expansion. So far there is only one master of each type. So it confused us when it was recommending we spawn a master, when there is only one and it is out. So I assume some expansions increase the number of masters available?

Thanks for the responses, everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thiago k
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
TribalDancer wrote:
kraisto wrote:
If masters are at their group limit, place minions instead."

We only have the base game and one expansion. So far there is only one master of each type. So it confused us when it was recommending we spawn a master, when there is only one and it is out. So I assume some expansions increase the number of masters available?

Thanks for the responses, everyone!

No, the expansions has specific monsters groups and not adds more miniatures to the previous ones. Some monsters groups has more than one master, like kobolds and reanimates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shay Moore
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
While we're on the topic...we played again yesterday, the first "campaign" <--- I am using this loosely, because as I understand it, we did the tutorial, two side quests (which are technically not part of any campaign) and then a single quest. In Rise of the Goblins, is the tutorial + one quest (finding Splig) supposed to be a campaign? Is the second "campaign" also this short? It also looks like these are the only two campaigns available at all.

I have heard amazing praise for this app, but two short campaigns and...then what? Are we just supposed to play the same things over and over?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thiago k
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
TribalDancer wrote:
While we're on the topic...we played again yesterday, the first "campaign" <--- I am using this loosely, because as I understand it, we did the tutorial, two side quests (which are technically not part of any campaign) and then a single quest. In Rise of the Goblins, is the tutorial + one quest (finding Splig) supposed to be a campaign? Is the second "campaign" also this short? It also looks like these are the only two campaigns available at all.

I have heard amazing praise for this app, but two short campaigns and...then what? Are we just supposed to play the same things over and over?

Lol. Rise of all goblins is a "demo" campaign. Kindred Fire has near 20 possible quests (story and side quests), without expansions. You can pick near 12 quests in a full campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shay Moore
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
This is very helpful info, thanks thiago k!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.