6 Posts

Magic: The Gathering – Arena of the Planeswalkers» Forums » Rules

Subject: Talent of the Telepath Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C Rebman
msg tools
mbmb
I have been searching for a week, and I can't find the answer.

Talent of the Telepath lets you play target sorcery from opponents graveyard. But virtually all of those sorceries specify a color of creature.

For example, Altar's reap lets you destroy a creature you control thats adjacent to a friendly black planeswalker.

If I'm playing Jace, I don't have any friendly black planeswalkers. Since all (or most, as I havent read every card) specify a color, this is a useless card for him.

Am I wrong in this interpretation? How should it be used?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are reading and playing it right, but not all cards specify a color.

even the ones that do could be useful in a match against Kiora or another Jace.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Friendly also includes your teammates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Rebman
msg tools
mbmb
We aren't playing teams yet, but that's good to know. So if I happen to draw that card in a one on one game, it's usually going to be useless then.

That just doesn't seem all that fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmie Hayes
United States
Knox
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not useless. However, against black it's not great.
Just looking at the base set, probably the best use is re-casting their bone splinters. You can blow up an Illusionary Projection to take out a Blighted Reaver. It's not amazing but it's a decent exchange.

Against green though, it can be pretty awesome. Overrun on Leyline Phantoms. With phantom walk and a 6 move, they can get into position to potentially make the trample damage very effective.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli G
Germany
Altrip
RLP
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a few spells without color restriction. Red has 3 in the base game. Most of those have a very minor effect and any other card of your own Deck would usually be better. This card is showcasing how little love and thought went into this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.