$30.00
Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
26 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Lastest Trump Idiocy, and possibly a new strategy for The Donald rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The last few speeches that The Donald has given have included the a new message.

"Donald Trump is casting doubt on the prospect of fair elections come November, criticism that could prompt his supporters to reject a Hillary Clinton victory in the fall as fraudulent.

Trump has predicted at almost every rally this past week that the election could be "rigged" against him. He’s labeled the numerous polls showing him trailing Clinton as "phony" and warned that voter fraud could steal the election from him."

http://www.thehill.com/homenews/campaign/290596-trump-casts-...

Running with this though, one of his more vile lackeys, Roger Stone is now floating this scenario

“I think we have widespread voter fraud, but the first thing that Trump needs to do is begin talking about it constantly,” Stone said. “He needs to say for example, today would be a perfect example: ‘I am leading in Florida. The polls all show it. If I lose Florida, we will know that there’s voter fraud. If there’s voter fraud, this election will be illegitimate, the election of the winner will be illegitimate, we will have a constitutional crisis, widespread civil disobedience, and the government will no longer be the government.’”

“If you can’t have an honest election, nothing else counts,” he continued. “I think he’s gotta put them on notice that their inauguration will be a rhetorical, and when I mean civil disobedience, not violence, but it will be a bloodbath. The government will be shut down if they attempt to steal this and swear Hillary in. No, we will not stand for it. We will not stand for it.”

http://www.breitbart.com/milo/2016/07/29/roger-stone-milo-sh...

The idiocy of this position is highlighted by the first bolded part. Actually Trump is not leading in the polls in Florida. RCP averages have Clinton with a 2.7% lead.

The other highlighted part in the most troublesome. Promising massive civil unrest unless Trump is elected. So basically if The Donald does not get elected that all the proof they need that there is fraud, because the polls that all show him behind are somehow fraudulent

Are they trying to put forward the notion that any government that does not include The Donald is somehow illegitimate? Is this some bizarre attempt to force a coalition government.

People were worried about what would happen if Trump was elected. Now we get to worry about unrest if he does not get in.

Marvelous


8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The time to really start worrying is when a cadre of "security" begins to coalesce around Trump a la the SA.
5 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oldies but Goodies ... Avalon Hill and
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Now it's time to start worrying about Trump's sanity.

7 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Eh. It's way more pathetic and sad than worrisome. Unwittingly he's damaging the Republican Party's chances at coming out of this mess, because now he'll have a cadre of idiots ready to respond to either him or to the next race-baiting American Berlusconi who comes along.

I have a bit of faith that the Republican leadership might find a way to learn from this mistake of truly Trumpian proportions, but not much.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bbenston wrote:
Eh. It's way more pathetic and sad than worrisome. Unwittingly he's damaging the Republican Party's chances at coming out of this mess, because now he'll have a cadre of idiots ready to respond to either him or to the next race-baiting American Berlusconi who comes along.

I have a bit of faith that the Republican leadership might find a way to learn from this mistake of truly Trumpian proportions, but not much.


I would share that faith if there was any evidence to support the existence of a Republican leadership.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SPIGuy wrote:
Now it's time to start worrying about Trump's sanity.

Why, this is precisely what he needs to say to save face, it is not his sanity I fear for, it is those who buy his argument.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
“If you can’t have an honest election, nothing else counts,” he continued. “I think he’s gotta put them on notice that their inauguration will be a rhetorical, and when I mean civil disobedience, not violence, but it will be a bloodbath. The government will be shut down if they attempt to steal this and swear Hillary in. No, we will not stand for it. We will not stand for it.”


I do not even know how to process a statement where Roger Stone says "not violence, but it will be a bloodbath"

8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
bbenston wrote:
Eh. It's way more pathetic and sad than worrisome. Unwittingly he's damaging the Republican Party's chances at coming out of this mess, because now he'll have a cadre of idiots ready to respond to either him or to the next race-baiting American Berlusconi who comes along.

I have a bit of faith that the Republican leadership might find a way to learn from this mistake of truly Trumpian proportions, but not much.


I would share that faith if there was any evidence to support the existence of a Republican leadership.


Thing is, they have The Blueprint/postmortem that was done after Romney's loss last cycle. It's all there in black and white.

It's a matter of wanting to apply its prescriptions instead of sticking your head up your ass and wishing it away.

The other thing is, because I'm a fan of cruel ironies -- I have to believe that the Republican Party would be in a vastly different position today if, from the start, they hadn't characterized Obama as some sort of Black Panther Muslim Marxist bent on destroying the United States from within.

At least it would've been a more honest place to go tooth and nail over policy differences, anyway.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bbenston wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
bbenston wrote:
Eh. It's way more pathetic and sad than worrisome. Unwittingly he's damaging the Republican Party's chances at coming out of this mess, because now he'll have a cadre of idiots ready to respond to either him or to the next race-baiting American Berlusconi who comes along.

I have a bit of faith that the Republican leadership might find a way to learn from this mistake of truly Trumpian proportions, but not much.


I would share that faith if there was any evidence to support the existence of a Republican leadership.


Thing is, they have The Blueprint/postmortem that was done after Romney's loss last cycle. It's all there in black and white.

It's a matter of wanting to apply its prescriptions instead of sticking your head up your ass and wishing it away.

The other thing is, because I'm a fan of cruel ironies -- I have to believe that the Republican Party would be in a vastly different position today if, from the start, they hadn't characterized Obama as some sort of Black Panther Muslim Marxist bent on destroying the United States from within.

At least it would've been a more honest place to go tooth and nail over policy differences, anyway.


All of which supports my assertion. The GOP is devoid of leadership. And now, instead of making hard choices about their future, they are stuck repeating the same cycle of "Our problem was we weren't conservative enough" and tacking even further right. There is no person in place in leadership who can bring about the kind of change needed to succeed in a general election. Candidates are there, but the culture to elect those candidates is not. And the blame for is completely attributable to the void of actual leadership in the GOP right now.
6 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a slightly less insane thought.

Unless you buy into the "Donald Trump is completely insane" line, what would be a more rational endgame that might cause Trump to start talking about the election being rigged?

Trump knows he's behind. He knows he's way behind. But he also knows that it doesn't take a very large number of fans to be worth a lot of money and power.

Let's say that Trump's support ends crazy low, like 30%. Let's say that only one in ten of his supporters buy the idea that he was "really" ahead and that the election was rigged or stolen from him. That would mean that 3% of the voting public (as well as those who didn't vote but still like conspiracy theories) think that Trump was elected President by the will of the people but had it stolen from him.

That's millions of people. Then you add the larger number who supported Trump and think he should have been President but that America is on a terrible path and chose that socialist Clinton after Muslim Obama.

Trump has a real shot of monetizing the hell out of that group, as well as having a large group of people who will adore him wherever he goes. He can talk about how great America could have been for years.
16 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I honestly think he started this with the idea of improving his brand and didn't think he would do this well.

But now his ego is on the line and he got so close that he wants it and I think that it will hurt him badly to lose.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oldies but Goodies ... Avalon Hill and
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
He'd be the Blue Steel of the 2016 election cycle?

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SPIGuy wrote:
He'd be the Blue Steel of the 2016 election cycle?





1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
Avatar
mbmb
Milo, y'all. Chill.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oldies but Goodies ... Avalon Hill and
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Maybe Trump isn't crazy and isn't playing a sly marketing game either.

What if he's just using the same pollsters who had Romney winning last time around?

"Donald, you're up 10 in Florida, Pennsylvania, and Ohio. Michigan is a toss-up, and you're poised for a yuuuuuge upset in New York."

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulesjd wrote:
The time to really start worrying is when a cadre of "security" begins to coalesce around Trump a la the SA.


You mean like the Liond Guard?

http://lionsoftrump.net

Time to worry
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
bbenston wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
bbenston wrote:
Eh. It's way more pathetic and sad than worrisome. Unwittingly he's damaging the Republican Party's chances at coming out of this mess, because now he'll have a cadre of idiots ready to respond to either him or to the next race-baiting American Berlusconi who comes along.

I have a bit of faith that the Republican leadership might find a way to learn from this mistake of truly Trumpian proportions, but not much.


I would share that faith if there was any evidence to support the existence of a Republican leadership.


Thing is, they have The Blueprint/postmortem that was done after Romney's loss last cycle. It's all there in black and white.

It's a matter of wanting to apply its prescriptions instead of sticking your head up your ass and wishing it away.

The other thing is, because I'm a fan of cruel ironies -- I have to believe that the Republican Party would be in a vastly different position today if, from the start, they hadn't characterized Obama as some sort of Black Panther Muslim Marxist bent on destroying the United States from within.

At least it would've been a more honest place to go tooth and nail over policy differences, anyway.


All of which supports my assertion. The GOP is devoid of leadership. And now, instead of making hard choices about their future, they are stuck repeating the same cycle of "Our problem was we weren't conservative enough" and tacking even further right. There is no person in place in leadership who can bring about the kind of change needed to succeed in a general election. Candidates are there, but the culture to elect those candidates is not. And the blame for is completely attributable to the void of actual leadership in the GOP right now.


My thought process was more like this: Trump's candidacy is the clearest warning yet that the GOP needs to rein in the crazy. I actually don't think it's too late -- look at what happened in Kansas recently where voters (yes, partially with D support) rejected the radical conservative experimentation at the local level in favor of a more moderate conservatism.

At the national level, you have a base that's been farm-raised on red meat, and that's not going to get to a better place for a while, not without drastic action.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
I'd suggest what is really needed is some decent economic growth and perhaps a few clear foreign policy "wins" under Democratic leadership. It's much harder to believe your opposition are extremists out to destroy the country and take away all of your rights when things are generally going well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bbenston wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
bbenston wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
bbenston wrote:
Eh. It's way more pathetic and sad than worrisome. Unwittingly he's damaging the Republican Party's chances at coming out of this mess, because now he'll have a cadre of idiots ready to respond to either him or to the next race-baiting American Berlusconi who comes along.

I have a bit of faith that the Republican leadership might find a way to learn from this mistake of truly Trumpian proportions, but not much.


I would share that faith if there was any evidence to support the existence of a Republican leadership.


Thing is, they have The Blueprint/postmortem that was done after Romney's loss last cycle. It's all there in black and white.

It's a matter of wanting to apply its prescriptions instead of sticking your head up your ass and wishing it away.

The other thing is, because I'm a fan of cruel ironies -- I have to believe that the Republican Party would be in a vastly different position today if, from the start, they hadn't characterized Obama as some sort of Black Panther Muslim Marxist bent on destroying the United States from within.

At least it would've been a more honest place to go tooth and nail over policy differences, anyway.


All of which supports my assertion. The GOP is devoid of leadership. And now, instead of making hard choices about their future, they are stuck repeating the same cycle of "Our problem was we weren't conservative enough" and tacking even further right. There is no person in place in leadership who can bring about the kind of change needed to succeed in a general election. Candidates are there, but the culture to elect those candidates is not. And the blame for is completely attributable to the void of actual leadership in the GOP right now.


My thought process was more like this: Trump's candidacy is the clearest warning yet that the GOP needs to rein in the crazy. I actually don't think it's too late -- look at what happened in Kansas recently where voters (yes, partially with D support) rejected the radical conservative experimentation at the local level in favor of a more moderate conservatism.

At the national level, you have a base that's been farm-raised on red meat, and that's not going to get to a better place for a while, not without drastic action.

Although Kansas Republican Governor Sam Brownback's model Dominionist state has suffered severe setbacks, that doesn't mean that the red-meat-lovin' extremists in the GOP (including the more vociferous Dominionists) have suffered a reality check.



 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I write fabulous letters. If you read all the letters I have written, you would agree. You would love them. Other letter writers are weak, soft and out of touch. I'm not like that, and I'm sure if you are reading this you aren't either.

This paper really needs great letters, and I am awesome at letter writing.

Other letter writers might attack me, but then they go away. They don't have what it takes to keep writing great letters. I have what it takes to write the best letters. Letter writers who disagree need to be punched in the face and run out of town.

I guarantee this letter will be picked as letter of the month. If it isn't picked, it will prove that this letter writing contest is rigged.


Terry Vaught, Dover Co
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

Although Kansas Republican Governor Sam Brownback's model Dominionist state has suffered severe setbacks, that doesn't mean that the red-meat-lovin' extremists in the GOP (including the more vociferous Dominionists) have suffered a reality check.



What's wrong with red meat?

Steak...yummmm..............



Ferret
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb



Ferretman wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
Although Kansas Republican Governor Sam Brownback's model Dominionist state has suffered severe setbacks, that doesn't mean that the red-meat-lovin' extremists in the GOP (including the more vociferous Dominionists) have suffered a reality check.

What's wrong with red meat?

Steak...yummmm..............

We're talking about "red meat" (narrowcast partisanly hot button) issues, not literal red meat per se.

In this case, we're also talking about Dominion-theology-driven red meat issues at that.

So how exactly do you prefer your Dominionist steak: rare, extra rare, or bloody rare?



 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
He knows how fucking badly he will lose, he is already trying to control the after the ass kicking narrative.

The orange man ist kaput.

The ghost of Jim McVay must be loving every minute of this comeuppance to the Vacuous Rug.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Mann
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Surely this should be about concession speeches.

No matter how much you want Hilary to lose, you know that her concession speech is going to be the usual bland blah blah blah political crap that you've seen before. Who wants to see that?

Now Trumps concession speech is another matter

It will be a thing of beauty. Something to tell your grandkids about. Full of so much venom and bile and spite and blame-shifting. It will throw out phrases like vote-rigging and corruption and evil and even secession.

I expect his head to just explode at some point during the speech.
1 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hyperbolus wrote:
You only help Trump by talking about him constantly. If the jihadists can keep themselves from killing infidels for a few months that will be the best thing for the Left. One big terror attack on US soil and we get President Trump. And that will suck ass but the tears from the progressives will be very delicious.


I heard if you say Trump three times in front of a mirror, he'll deport Bloody Mary and the Candyman.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.