Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Schulte
United States
Washington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Cundiff published a large variant for GOA in issue 9-4 of The Boardgamer. Included in the this variant were substantial revisions to rail lines that were put in PDF files and hosted at Thewargamer which is now defunct. Does anyone have those files?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Jornet
Spain
Valencia
Comunidad Valenciana
flag msg tools
The sword is the mind. If the mind is right, the sword is right.
mbmbmb
I can help you.

Geekmail me with your email and we'll arrange this.

Regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cundiff
United States
St. Bernice
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If Gustavo doesn't find them, then drop me an e-mail, or geek mail with your actual e-mail (geek mail doesn't allow attachments) and somewhere on my copious back up drives (over 30 years of writing and designing stuff I've saved everything on ... get this ... nearly 20 Tb of back up external drives). Finding it might be a problem. But, I will have it somewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Jornet
Spain
Valencia
Comunidad Valenciana
flag msg tools
The sword is the mind. If the mind is right, the sword is right.
mbmbmb
Cundiff wrote:
If Gustavo doesn't find them, then drop me an e-mail, or geek mail with your actual e-mail (geek mail doesn't allow attachments) and somewhere on my copious back up drives (over 30 years of writing and designing stuff I've saved everything on ... get this ... nearly 20 Tb of back up external drives). Finding it might be a problem. But, I will have it somewhere.

No chances of beating that, sir!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Schulte
United States
Washington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Gustavo for helping me out. Thank you Tom for the offer and writing up the variant to begin with. It looks to be very interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cundiff
United States
St. Bernice
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem. Was one of my first writing efforts way back in about 1985. and I did find it on a dusty old external drive. The counters were primitive, but the map wasn't. And, if you desire, I have a copy of the map that is one piece (not made into panels).

The article does fix the problems in the supply lines and isolation of the known front lines. For a long time the supply rules wrought havoc with keeping the front lines as they historically existed. Large parts of Russia, Austria-Hungary, and Italy were entirely untenable. That article fixed it by allowing supply lines to be drawn through EZOC's as long as those hexes were occupied by friendly combat units. Thus ended the out of supply bulges in front lines in Italy and the inability to maintain front lines at all beyond Prezemsyl.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Schulte
United States
Washington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom,

If you could send me the file for the one piece map that would be great.

I'll send you a geekmail.

When I have soloed the game in the past, I house ruled allowing supply to be traced in ZOCs if friendly occupied as well. The map changes look really good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Smith
msg tools
Jeff,

What size did you print the map at? Tom was kind enough to send
me the files also and would like to get them printed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cundiff
United States
St. Bernice
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The new map I made (Rails of August) is made the same size as the original GOA map, which I think is 32 x 22.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Schulte
United States
Washington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
When I went to Staples I asked the guy what was the size since I intended to enlarge it. He said his poster program had it at 3'x 4' so I went with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.