Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

ZhanGuo» Forums » General

Subject: replacement parts - WYG customer service VERY helpful!! Highly recommend!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone.

I got this game when i was offered on a clearance sale about a month ago. I love the game quite a bit! When I bought my copy I was a little disappointed to see that all of the white unification tokens were missing from the box, except for the tall white one that represents 3 tokens. All other coloured tokens were present except the whites.

I had it open one day while I was trying to learn it and my little girl accidentally spilled water on some of my worker tokens so some got damaged.

I contacted Whats Your Game and the rep I was emailing seemed willing to help. I then lost touch with the person and never heard back from them. In one of the emails they said that they weren't sure they had any more copies from which to take parts from. Since then maybe they just got busy with convention season.

I still have yet to hear back as to whether or not replacements were sent out. I'm afraid that maybe there simply aren't any parts they can offer. Is there anyone here who has extras or replacements, of if you have any ideas to substitute them with? I need the set of white unification tokens and about 8-10 worker tokens.

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: replacement parts - no confirmation from customer service :(
The unification tokens can be replaced with discs. The Game Crafter or Print n Play games (links below) will have some. For a stack of 3 (for the ones awarded from palaces), you can just glue 3 together or get a tall token.

As for the worker tokens, since they are just so generic, you could replace all of them with cubes of some color. It may be a bit confusing, but it will work. If 8-10 workers are not usable, the game should still be playable. Workers usually go back to the supply quick.

http://www.printplaygames.com/prototypes/parts

https://www.thegamecrafter.com/parts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are some cool sites. I see they have the octagons available I could just order a bunch.

As for the workers... I haven't really needed so many of them, you're right. I just hate to have damaged parts. I suppose if I was going to use a substitute then something a bit fancier would be cool. There are already enough cubes in the game. I would love to find some little wood hammer pieces or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Veronica WYG
msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

sorry for the late update.

I confirm the pieces (tokens and workers) were sent a while ago, so you should receive them soon.

Best,
Veronica

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats great i thank you so much. I hope nobody reads this thinking i was unhappy with Whats Your Game as a company. I was just trying to have a backup plan ready and i learned of a couple of great parts websites that i will be using very soon.

The truth is i have been looking into other titles from WYG since buying Zhanguo and there are a few others that i want to get my hands on now.

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shooshoo wrote:
Thats great i thank you so much. I hope nobody reads this thinking i was unhappy with Whats Your Game as a company. I was just trying to have a backup plan ready and i learned of a couple of great parts websites that i will be using very soon.

The truth is i have been looking into other titles from WYG since buying Zhanguo and there are a few others that i want to get my hands on now.

Thanks again!

Glad everything worked out for you! For other WYG? titles, I highly recommend both Madeira and Nippon. Signorie was also pretty cool, but it felt like it needed a little more cooking time to me. I look forward to future titles by WYG? very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL in the mail today I received all the replacement parts! I just about ordered new ones.

I guess Madeira is on boargamearena.com now. Looking forward to trying it out. Nippon is another that looks stunning! Signorie I know little about so I can't comment on that. I notice that all these WYG? titles have this really distinct look to them. People come over to look at my games and are drawn to Zhanguo because of its' colour. Unfortunately we don't play it as much because they're new gamers. I think next time we meet up I will try it out with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.