$20.00
Stephen Mills
United Kingdom
Forest Row
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well the title says everything, does anyone have any news about the new mini expansion announced at Gen-con?

I just saw a short glimpse on a youtube clip
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mills
United Kingdom
Forest Row
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
usuba wrote:
Well the title says everything, does anyone have any news about the new mini expansion announced at Gen-con?

I just saw a short glimpse on a youtube clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSuC0Qk319Q

minute 10:48
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
lowplayercount.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A picture was posted to Twitter of a mock up box. 2017 release most likely. That's it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morrison
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I spoke with one of the guys at Plaid Hat, and he said that there is word that the expansion will allow two groups to play separate games and compete against each other, colony against colony!

I also asked if there was a Dead of Winter: Legacy in the works, and he didn't know. Wouldn't that be cool??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mills
United Kingdom
Forest Row
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hybridactor wrote:
I spoke with one of the guys at Plaid Hat, and he said that there is word that the expansion will allow two groups to play separate games and compete against each other, colony against colony!

That will make owning both sets essential

Which I do, so for some the expansion will be a good thing and for others not

I'm very excited by this idea
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
usuba wrote:
hybridactor wrote:

That will make owning both sets essential

Which I do, so for some the expansion will be a good thing and for others not

I'm very excited by this idea

I'm curious about player counts? Because if you need more than 6 it's never going to hit the table realistically (for me). And if it's using everything it's going to take up soooo much table space. Even if it's two colony bored and one set of locations that's going to be huge!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Finazzo
United States
St. Louis
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the workers at the GenCon booth pulled out the box mockup for the expansion when I asked her why I would want to own two copies. She said the player count would be 6 - 10. Claimed that itwould be late this year or early next year.

Damn, now I'll have to buy Long Night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mills
United Kingdom
Forest Row
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
6 to 10 players, yup that is a big table, not your average British "can't swing a cat" home ... And at most We are three players, so now I am thinking this is not going to interest me. I was assuming that 2v2 might be an option, oh well. Sounds fun anyway
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
lowplayercount.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
usuba wrote:
6 to 10 players, yup that is a big table, not your average British "can't swing a cat" home ... And at most We are three players, so now I am thinking this is not going to interest me. I was assuming that 2v2 might be an option, oh well. Sounds fun anyway

It's way, way, way too early to be writing it off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Finazzo
United States
St. Louis
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
usuba wrote:
6 to 10 players, yup that is a big table, ...

That's the first thing I thought. I don't own a big enough table. Have to use the conference table at work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Santos
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frantic Ferret wrote:

That's the first thing I thought. I don't own a big enough table. Have to use the conference table at work.

Fun idea, but can't vouch for the career prospects of the player issued with a "traitor" objective card whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heiko
Germany
OWL
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isaac Vega said that the traitor could be a kind of agent from the other colony ... but they are working on this thing right now.

The whole idea is really amazing and I'm thrilled til' we get more insight on the project.

I wonder how they will be cutting down the downtime ... if they are playing seperatly it could work.

Isaac called the expansion "Warning Colonies"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradford Lounsberry
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds more like a convention experience than something you'd play at home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mills
United Kingdom
Forest Row
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very brief mention in their latest podcast, right at the beginning. Nothing more than what we know so far.

http://www.plaidhatgames.com/podcast/216
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.