Subject: Civil War: Highlights rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So...

I don't have this yet but having looked over the card images here are some of the highlights for me, that I'm looking forward to playing:

1. Secret Avengers Captain America, I love that he plays off of the sidekick stack and thus utilises the new special sidekicks. Keen to give him a try.

2. Cloak and Dagger. Great artwork here, like the divided card concept and love the obvious rare that lets you play both sides of them.

3. Falcon. Love how he plays off of what's in the HQ. Sounds fun.

4. Stature and Goliath. More great art-work and I'm keen to see how size-changing works in practice.

5. Authoritarian Iron Man. Aside from the stupid name and the ambiguity over what happens when you defeat him, he's the one I'm most looking forward to.

6. Baron Zemo. Solid mastermind. Awesome art. Especially after the awful Zemo art in the Cap expansion.

7. Schemes. I'm looking forward especially to playing:
Imprison UnregisteredSuperhumans
Reveal Heroes Secret Identities
Avengers vs X-Men
Dark reign of Hammer
United States split.by civil war.

8. Maria Hill mastermindand Shield elite. Some really interesting mechanics here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Authoritarian Iron Man does sound a bit cheesy, but I guess they went with this in order to emphasize that he is the bad guy. People are more motivated to fight against an authoritarian figure than against a Mighty Avenger, or whatever else he could have been called.

I am looking forward to all the masterminds, even the weakling Ragnarok!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1- I just used him yesterday and I didn't even notice that he's thematic (cuz of pairing with sidekicks) just because I was so overcome by the awesomeness of the set overall. But now that you've pointed it out, I like him even more.

4- Size-Changing feels really good. Honestly, Size-Changing is a minor ability, but because it works so well, it's probably one of my favorite abilities in the game!

5- I like him just cuz his ability is so thematic (he's flying around patrolling the city, looking for anti-regers.

6- Not at all pertinent but I have to say that I really like Heinrich's art, but I'm ambivalent towards Helmut's.

I'm not just saying this because it's the new hotness, but I do think Civil War is probably the best Legendary expansion so far! I'm excited for the future of the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Archer
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AdelinDumitru wrote:
Authoritarian Iron Man does sound a bit cheesy, but I guess they went with this in order to emphasize that he is the bad guy. People are more motivated to fight against an authoritarian figure than against a Mighty Avenger, or whatever else he could have been called.

Should we ever receive a Civil War vol 2, I would think we'd see a new Iron Man, Mighty Avenger and a Mastermind: Rebellious Captain America.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TyrellArcher wrote:
AdelinDumitru wrote:

Should we ever receive a Civil War vol 2, I would think we'd see a new Iron Man, Mighty Avenger and a Mastermind: Rebellious Captain America.

God willing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TyrellArcher wrote:
AdelinDumitru wrote:

But they already used their Captain America mastermind idea on Ragnorak!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just having a closer look at some of the cards and I love that Peter Parker is going to combo well with Secret Avengers Captain America. Nice to have versions of these two major Marvel characters that will be effective together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.