4 Posts

Forbidden Island» Forums » Rules

Subject: *High Water* rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
r 7
msg tools
QUESTION.

The only way the water meter track rises is if you draw a waters rise card correct? Nothing else can cause the track to move ?

SECONDLY.

Once the flood cards or the treasure cards run out what is the rule for reshuffling? Do you take the waters rise cards out of the treasure deck discard and reinsert them into the flood deck? soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
1.Yes.
2.You are probably mixing things there. When you draw a water rises card, you move the water level, shuffle the flood discard and add those on the top of the existing flood deck. When you are out of the treasure deck, you shuffle its discard pile (including water rises cards) to create a new treasure deck.

(If a tile sinks, the corresponding card is removed from the game.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
r 7
msg tools
So when i draw a water rises card It gets shuffled back into the flood discard cards that go back on top of flood deck?

?? The manual i have says to "discard water rise cards to the treasure discard pile" So when time to reshuffle treasure cards there are 3 Water rise card present. They dont go back into the game ? Manual doesn't specify. Thanx for the help. !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dougan
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
wolfbay wrote:
So when i draw a water rises card It gets shuffled back into the flood discard cards that go back on top of flood deck?

?? The manual i have says to "discard water rise cards to the treasure discard pile" So when time to reshuffle treasure cards there are 3 Water rise card present. They dont go back into the game ? Manual doesn't specify. Thanx for the help. !!

Let's see if I can help out:

There are two decks: The treasure deck, with reddish backs, and the flood deck, with blue backs.

The Waters Rise cards are part of the treasure deck. When a Waters Rise card would be drawn, you carry out the following things, in order:
a. Move the flood marker up one notch
b. Shuffle the flood deck's discard pile, then place it ON TOP of the flood deck.
c. put the waters rise card into the treasure deck's discard pile.

When the treasure deck runs out of cards, it gets reshuffled. That means that the 3 Waters Rise cards go back into the new treasure deck.

When a tile is removed from the game due to sinking, its matching card comes out of the flood deck. In addition, if the flood deck runs out, the flood discard is shuffled, and you keep going from there. This means that the flood deck gets smaller and smaller as the game progresses.

Does that help?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.