$20.00
$30.00
Rich M
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am puzzled why no one including FFG hasn't done a AI app to play the game. It does seem they are slowly getting a clue to the demand for other games in their stable at FFG, however one of the biggest complaints is players being able to find others who have this expensive game to play with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apps cost money? Coding AI is a hell of a lot of work, and the more complex a game gets the more work it is? For something as free form as this, coding the AI would be a nightmare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich M
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darthain wrote:
Apps cost money? Coding AI is a hell of a lot of work, and the more complex a game gets the more work it is? For something as free form as this, coding the AI would be a nightmare.

What about scenario coding? That is much easier to do and I have done some AI development of that with war board games myself not digitally but utilizing cards and dice. The scenarios could have a number of rounds, objectives and limitations. Just a suggestion. Also with the amount of money this game costs and brings in I think their would be a financial capability to do this at least and would increase sales.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rockin Rocko wrote:

Also with the amount of money this game costs and brings in I think their would be a financial capability to do this at least and would increase sales.

Depends really, for a game with pre painted miniatures, the prices are pretty reasonable, stack them beside GW miniatures, which aren't even assembled if you dare.

I'd also be willing to wager the solo development is really not a worthwhile endeavour, solo gamers are only a small portion of gamers to begin with. So why spend money on day <5% of people playing a game? Not good business sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rockin Rocko wrote:
I am puzzled why no one including FFG hasn't done a AI app to play the game. It does seem they are slowly getting a clue to the demand for other games in their stable at FFG, however one of the biggest complaints is players being able to find others who have this expensive game to play with.

I started a thread in the Variants forum with some ideas to try and get people started. You are more than welcome to grab any ideas I outlined and try and put something together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Minot
North Dakota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rockin Rocko wrote:

Personally, I really doubt there is much of a demand for a solo app. Seems logical that people would generally not buy a game like SW:A unless they though they had someone to play against; while those wanting to play an AI are more likely to purchase a computer or console game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.