17 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Mermaids in Games? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martine Mussies
msg tools
Hi everybody!

I already asked around in board game shops in the Netherlands as well as in Germany, but with little result. So, I thought, I'd ask the experts! Dear BoardGameGeeks, do you know of any board game(s) featuring a mermaid?

Many thanks in advance,

Martine

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f h
msg tools
The name is escaping now but there is a pirate themed card game where one of the suits is mermaids. It's kind of a press your luck game and IIRC the mermaids don't have a special power but they might have the highest points on the cards...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Cohn
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Mermaid Rain
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Vaughan
flag msg tools
fh13 wrote:
The name is escaping now but there is a pirate themed card game where one of the suits is mermaids. It's kind of a press your luck game and IIRC the mermaids don't have a special power but they might have the highest points on the cards...

Dead Man's Draw

The only game that I can think of off the top of my head that features a mermaid (on the box, at least) is Mermaid Rain, but on looking up the name for that one a number of games with "mermaid" in the title popped up in teh search. I think a number of games have mermaids as playable races, like Small World.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mashpotassium wrote:
fh13 wrote:

Dead Man's Draw

The only game that I can think of off the top of my head that features a mermaid (on the box, at least) is Mermaid Rain, but on looking up the name for that one a number of games with "mermaid" in the title popped up in teh search. I think a number of games have mermaids as playable races, like Small World.

Small World is the first one I thought of, but its mermen (Tritons in the game I think) aren't mermaids in the regular sense of the word I guess.

Middle row, leftmost column.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thin there are mermaids in Terra Mystica.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobi Wagner
Germany
Ludwigsburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a promo for Dungeon Fighter: Dungeon Fighter: Marielle, the Mermaid

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessica Cowel
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
There's a mermaid (and merman) in this one: Elemental Mystics

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Arias
United States
Sanford
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC, one of the factions in Tiny Epic Kingdoms (expansion?) are merfolk, I think the mascot is female, but more like a fish person than a mermaid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
baker mouse
United States
brownsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mermaid beach
has mermaids on the cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
There's about a dozen games with "Little Mermaid" in the title:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeksearch.php?action=search&o...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ulrich
Germany
Oberhausen
NRW
flag msg tools
Sirenen in Sicht

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Wetzel
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Legends of Andor: Journey to the North has Mer-men (called Neraxes in the game, but clearly mer-men). There is also something called Mermaid Dust, but no cards depicting the said mermaids.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Depending on the age you want it for, I can recommend Mermaid Beach by Gamewright.

I am not sure if it is available in the Netherlands as I picked up my copy when visiting the US.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic: The Gathering has a number of cards with merfolk some of whom are female. (Probably not the best suggestion if you're looking to buy a game to play with Mermaids in).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John F.
United States
Shelton
CT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Berserk: War of the Realms had some Mermaid cards. There was a bit of a controversy during the KS because it depicted the mermaid topless so they got some flak for that from some backers. So they covered up the mermaid and got flak for that from other backers. So they ended up sending both versions of that card (and a few others that had the same "problem")

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am surprised no one mentioned Abyss. It is a game about running a political campaign to get elected prime minister of an underwater nation. The lords whose favor you can buy are all masterfully drawn human-fish hybrids:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.