Samurai Sword» Forums » Rules

Subject: Bushido card: optional weapon discard or not? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan Denkovic
Croatia
flag msg tools

Hi forum and admins aswell

I would like to ask about this one situation that we had in the game, which we couldn't solve clearly, but wonder who was right.

It was that player's turn, who was affected by the card "Bushido".

He drew a weapon card for Bushido before taking his 2 cards from the deck.
At that time he had one weapon card at hand. So it was possible for him to discard that weapon card in hand and pass Bushido further.
What he wanted to do is to let the Bushido card effect him, resulting in loss of one honor point. That one honor point being discarded aswell as the Bushido card.

The question is, however, whether or NOT players can CHOOSE whether they lose one honor point or they HAVE TO discard their weapon card.

It was decision changing points in favor of ninjas team or samurais team / vice versa.

In another words > When I get to draw a weapon card deciding the effect of Bushido in front of me, do I get to choose whether I voluntarily take minus one honor point or throw away any weapon card available in hand.

Please if You understand my question, Im looking forward to clear this up.
Thank You in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nikolaos Kamoudis
Greece
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yes,you can decide to keep the sword and lose 1 honor point.

page 9 rules

If it is a Weapon: you must either discard a Weapon card from your hand
or discard 1 Honor Point (to the box).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Denkovic
Croatia
flag msg tools
OK! THANX, we were thinking so after reading english version of rules, where the words put it more clearly.
Originally using czech version of rules, the word usage got us a bit unsure whether its that way or the other. Thank You, appreciate! surpriselaugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.